Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Weird play...like it?

you can raise preflop. i raise flop everytime o wait i didnt see that it was HU. i think your play is fine until you fold. i call this down.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:38 PM

I'm really confused. Did BB fold or not on the flop? And sb is 3-betting right?

Well if BB really folded, then yea you can go ahead and call the flop and raise the turn.

After the 3-bet I would call down
Old 04-26-2006, 11:53 PM

Ah the joys of grunching... I should flame myself before someone else does it! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can fold to the turn 3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I don't expect the average villain to do that often with a draw, 4.5-1 for call down AND a low proportion of legitimate 3 betting hands compared to the high proportion of possible draws overplaying just can't be ignored.

I thought because we over-represented our hand we should respond more tightly to aggression from villain. I guess I am losing sight in my attempt to tighten up on my usually over optimistic call downs...

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't like the idea of making the pot big with the intention of folding to more aggression against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to more aggression, who said we had to do that?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:53 PM

Bump, as it seems like there are still mixed opinions on this hand.

Unfortunately, I was readless going into this hand. And yes, I accidentally typed BB instead of SB in the OP.

After thinking about it, I think calling down after the turn 3 bet would have been best, but I'm still not sure. There just aren't that many hands that can 3 bet this turn. Would've gotten a read at the very least.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:27 PM

I like a preflop raise or fold. You may not have "reads" per se, but you have an idea of the game texture. If you pop PF, will you see it four-ways in an 8SB pot or 2-3 ways in a 6.5SB pot? I might get away from it in my first 25 hands at the table PF if the game is so loose that no one will fold.

Raising this before the flop and then getting check-raised on the turn allows you to call this down. The chance that the small blind can hold a deuce here is way too high to call down (he can see the flop with a lot of deuces and even T4 when you offer him 7-1 to see the flop. He's got you beat the four times out of five you need to drop.

It seems like generally not indicating the strength of your hand leads YOU into tough spots, not other players. If you don't let him KNOW that T6o isn't good here, he can make you live a nightmare with his OOP turn 3-bet. But he'll never get away from the T6.