Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Re: The Venetian FREE ROLL NEWS

Damn, and I was trying to avoid making a shill post. This one's shill-tastic.

Anyway, Don's a smidge off on the # of hours required (although things may change).

It's 50 in May, 50 in June, and 50 in July... if you can't do that, then 250 total over the span of the 3 months (for example, 0 in May, 125 in June, 125 in July).

And double comp points in the month of May (w/Player's Card), which amounts to $2/hr for raked games, $3/hr for timed.

1st Place for the freeroll (which is to take place in August) is $150K.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:36 PM

That's cool. Quick question: Are they going to spread 1/2 NL? I would hope they crack and spread 1/2 when it's not busy. I don't always want to play 2/5.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:39 PM

Are the 540$ turnys filling at all on the weekends? I spoke to an old Friend of Mine who is now a turny director there, and he says they are running the best 500$ turny(player friendly) for any of the weeklys.I told Tim(my friend) that I would come and play this friday, but if they are only drawing 30-50 players I may look else where. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:37 AM

I'm always up for a freeroll. I played my first session at the Venetian yesterday. The room is outstanding. I really hope they do more to get people in there. This freeroll is a good way of doing it however this is the first I've heard of it. Did I miss signage in the room?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this promotion will only attract tight locals and do nothing for the popularity of the room in the long run (just my opinion)

[/ QUOTE ]

Attracting locals is one of their priorities. They need locals to get regular games going to the room is never empty; without them, games die down quickly or never get started. I would go so far to say that this is specifically in place because they know that they desperately need the locals to play.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:14 PM

Right.

This obviously isn't going to attract the tourists who can't play 50 hours in 3 different monthss (or 250 hours in a stretch).

but if you bring in the locals with this then the tourists might be more inclined to sit in a game if the atmosphere of the room is good.
When they only have 4 tables going in such a large room it looks totally DEAD.

If I lived in LV I would definitely do this.

How many people do we think will get into the freeroll?

I'll very roughly guess 250 perhaps?? (might be off by a LOT).

If so then the freeroll would have a $2000 value.
Or it's like getting paid a $13.33/hr bonus to help the Venetian get their games going. (on top of the hourly prop-bonus).
Old 04-27-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many people do we think will get into the freeroll?

I'll very roughly guess 250 perhaps?? (might be off by a LOT).

[/ QUOTE ]

As a reference point, does anybody know how many people qualify for the Stations Freeroll every two months? Knowing that number might help me conceptualize the Venetian number a little better. The venetian number will be maybe a 10th of that number? Seems like 250 is a little high to me, obviously just guessing though.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:51 PM

I can see 250 being WAY on the high side.

But I do think that when word gets out on this you'll have some of those Vegas locals abandoning their games at Bellagio or Wynn or wherever and dedicating their 13-15 hours a wekk to the Venetian (which really isn't that bad).

If they only get 100 players then you're looking at about $30/hr in value for playing there.

What are the terms for the Stations freeroll every 2 months?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What are the terms for the Stations freeroll every 2 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is 50 hours total in April and May for entrance to a ?$90,000 freeroll (not sure the total amount). You don't have to play 25/25 each month - just the total matters. Everybody who qualifies gets at least $50, I do know first place is 30K.
I never participated since I don't like the stations, but now that Red Rock is here I'll probably go for this offer.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:15 PM

They dont hold them every 2 months. They hold them twice a year. This time is 300k over 6 or 7 poker rooms. 50 hours of play required. see www.allvegaspoker.com for details.