Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: American Dreamz

It was definitely not what I was expecting. It was not laugh out loud funny. The whole movie was basically one sick joke about America and the Middle East. Like the whole idea of a bunch of Terrorists camped around watching Idol, and one saying to the other, "I really like his song selection here."
Old 04-24-2006, 01:26 PM

Very meh. So much comic potential that was under used.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:47 PM

I saw a screening about four months ago, so I'm not sure if anything's was changed or if we got the final cut screened.

This is a Paul Weitz movie - in my opinion its a lot like a blending of two of his biggest movies so far, the American Pie series (director of part 1, EP for part 2) and mostly In Good Company. The visual style of the movie is very similar to In Good Company somehow, but I can't really place it from memory as to what reminded me of that movie.

it was entertaining, but nothing special. If you enjoy American Idol, its worth a watch. If not, its a catch it on HBO in my opinion. it did get points for some unconventional humor and a relatively surprising ending twist. I didn't hate it, but I don't strongly recommend it. Decent humorous date movie if your date is in to AI/etc.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:26 PM

I like American Idol. American Pie is one of my favorite comedies. Yet ... this didn't do it for me. Hugh Grant played into that equation (although I liked him in About a Boy -- but I liked that because I really liked the book, I think) but it also just seemed ... I don't know ... like it tried too hard to accomplish nothing but make a random point about society, and it didn't even make that point well.