Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Complaint about ESPN bottom line

The scrollbar is vital since gamblers are the ones watching, I agree I hate the stats though, I wish they would only do that once every few times.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The worst day of the sports year is the day that Sunday Night Baseball gets bumped to ESPN2 so that ESPN can show a second-week NFL pre-season game in prime time.

[/ QUOTE ]

True.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:09 AM

What really bugs me is when they are showing an event on delay, and they show the final score for the game while it's being played. This has happened a couple of times with soccer matches I've tried to watch. It's very frustrating to go to great lengths during the day to not find out the score, only to turn on the match when it's being replayed late at night and find out the score within the first 15 minutes.

-McGee
Old 04-24-2006, 01:11 AM

The worst is when I see that like Duke lost in basketball and I realize later that the ticker was on women's basketball and not men's. Sike!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to complain about the terrible way that ESPN puts bottom lines on the screen so often now. I don't mind it on ESPNEWS, but I hate seeing it when I'm trying to watch a game (or Sportscenter, Baseball Tonight, etc.) It looks stupid and distracts from the watching of the game (or program) that I'm trying to watch. Am I alone in hating the bottom line or does anyone else agree with me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Important news can stay. I don't, however, need to know that the Denver Douchebags traded a bush-league player to the Austin A-Holes for three benchwarmers and a pinerider to be named later.

As stated earlier, I also don't need to know every freakin' detail of the who-cares-a-thon between two last-place teams.

Oh, and matt2500, ESPN only does that because they're forced to. Their contract with the NFL is for ESPN only, and the one with MLB is for ESPN and The Deuce.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:14 AM

During College football season you are subjected to a vast awway of Gardner-Webb vs. Florida Atlantic scores.

Not that it's completely inappropriate to give the scores for the smaller schools too...but I don't think they need to be doing it as often.

I can't seem to get away from the damn Ivy League scores on there when I really care about something else.

One trick I have at home:
ESPN Classic, ESPN and ESPN2 all have tickers running and they will all be at different places in their rotation.

So if I'm trying to find the Cincy Reds score I can flip between them to see which one is on the NL.

Or I can surf between them to get the various NBA scores faster without having to wait for all the random stats to scroll by.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The worst is when I see that like Duke lost in basketball and I realize later that the ticker was on women's basketball and not men's. Sike!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - I think they should use pink text for women's sports.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:23 AM

Baseball - the best sport by far. Not to take anything away fromthe others, but baseball is just so tubular.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:58 AM

Nah. Doesn't bother me. The things that bothers me about ESPN are the super-lame anchors and the ultra-lame fluff pieces/segments/games that they force on the viewer and constantly recycle:

- I don't need to see Lisa Leslie and Tony Gonzales playing word games.
- I don't need to hear the super-depressing story about the paralyzed kid again.
- I *really* don't need to see Stuart Scott doing spoken word poetry for 10 minutes to start a show.

If they don't have anything to cover maybe they should cut the show back... it doesn't have to be 90 minutes or an hour some nights. ESPN has become a parody of itself. I am sure they are hard at work right now on a behind-the-scenes show about a show that will be counting down the top 20 commercials about one of their other shows! How novel!!

Die die die.