Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: 2p2er talking about 2p2 on PP

ah just come over the top on his raises, he'll fold everything. Even KK [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2006, 06:28 PM

Well yes, you shouldn't tell fish about these forums, and in the same spirit, we shouldn't do anything but flame posters with less than x post.

Scare those fish away !!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:31 PM

in all reality, a very few percentage of people who hear about 2p2 will actually come to the site. an even smaller percentage will take the time to read/post/apply any knowledge they learn.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well yes, you shouldn't tell fish about these forums, and in the same spirit, we shouldn't do anything but flame posters with less than x post.

Scare those fish away !!

[/ QUOTE ]
i say <60posts.

True many wont apply it, anyhow the ones who want to learn look in partys store and see THEORY OF POKER etc and go to 2+2 anyway.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:43 PM

I think people think too highly of this site. It is not an overnight cure to a fish's bad poker strategy.

Look at it like college. There are dumb people that didn't go to college. There are dumb people that did go to college. And then there are people that became smarter because of college. It is not because they simply went to college but because they put in hours of study and work which resulted in them becoming smarter.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:01 PM

What is the problem with this?
Old 04-20-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post his screen name and the wet work team will be there shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea, we should start a list of all screennames of 2+2ers talking about 2+2 on sites.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:23 PM

I don't see any problem with this. Some people like to play poker, discuss poker, and be around others that like discussing poker. Its a social game for some, and why not talk about a poker related website at a poker table. This makes perfect sense to me.

Some people don't see poker as a game of trying to do someone out of their money. At one of my home games, there were a few people that went out of their way to explain the finer points to the fish. And it wasn't like "What the $%@& were you calling with that for, you noob!!". It was constructive critizism. The fish generally wouldn't listen anyway, and even if he did, the person giving the advice may lose some edge, but edge isn't everything in life. That person who gave the advice gained in social standing, and increased his social enjoyment of the game.

The OP and others responding sound like you would steal the last dollars out of your grandmothers purse because its "positive ev".

Trent.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:27 PM

I don't mind others talking strategy it is the berating of others that irke me.

The other night this super tight nit was insulting a guy probably just having some fun that had lost about 2.5 stacks in 30min. didn't take the nit long to push the donator away from the table. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any problem with this. Some people like to play poker, discuss poker, and be around others that like discussing poker. Its a social game for some, and why not talk about a poker related website at a poker table. This makes perfect sense to me.

Some people don't see poker as a game of trying to do someone out of their money. At one of my home games, there were a few people that went out of their way to explain the finer points to the fish. And it wasn't like "What the $%@& were you calling with that for, you noob!!". It was constructive critizism. The fish generally wouldn't listen anyway, and even if he did, the person giving the advice may lose some edge, but edge isn't everything in life. That person who gave the advice gained in social standing, and increased his social enjoyment of the game.

The OP and others responding sound like you would steal the last dollars out of your grandmothers purse because its "positive ev".

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bust my grandma at the tables because thats the nature of the game