Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: He\'s a \"24/12/3\" is NOT a read on a player

Not possible. I won't bother asking what it is you think I'm wrong about.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:19 AM

I play quite a few sites not supported by PT, so I'm very used to playing without a HUD. I also play on Party, Stars etc. where I use the HUD.

The HUD is a definite aid.....if I'm multitabling 3+, I don't get any reads.....the HUD saves me from a bad situation every once in a while....e.g. a 5/5/.1 player 3-bets from UTG+1......I will then happily muck my AQo........

FWIW, I rarely play more than 2 tables without a HUD.....and I think I play them better than 3+ with a HUD.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
U R WRONG

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't use PT/PAHUD you are leaving money on the table.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
U R WRONG

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's be clear though, it's not whether or not you're using the tools that will determine "you are leaving money on the table", it's your ability to understand and observe your opponent that will affect your overall win rate. In otherwords you're really saying "If you don't observe your opponents and change your play based upon your observations, you're leaving money on the table." It's the ability of observation that hinges upon this, not the tool that provides that information.

In other words again, a fantastic observer probably doesn't need a HUD while most will find the very general buckets a HUD will tell you about your opponents at least at a first pass helpful. In the end of the day it's about understanding your opponents and adjusting your play optimally, not about the tools you use to get there.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
U R WRONG

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's be clear though, it's not whether or not you're using the tools that will determine "you are leaving money on the table", it's your ability to understand and observe your opponent that will affect your overall win rate. In otherwords you're really saying "If you don't observe your opponents and change your play based upon your observations, you're leaving money on the table." It's the ability of observation that hinges upon this, not the tool that provides that information.

In other words again, a fantastic observer probably doesn't need a HUD while most will find the very general buckets a HUD will tell you about your opponents at least at a first pass helpful. In the end of the day it's about understanding your opponents and adjusting your play optimally, not about the tools you use to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously. For us mere mortals though, PT/PAHUD is going to provide you with information that it is very difficult to come to through observation. I would add that I use PT/PAHUD pretty much only for preflop reads VPIP/PFR/ASB/Foldblinds to steal, to help put my opponents on hand ranges.

I would agree that if you use PT/PAHUD and play ABC poker just based on preflop stats, you are also leaving money on the table.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:06 AM

yada yada yada blah seen this before
Old 04-19-2006, 11:10 AM

Thank you for your thoughtful reply
Old 04-19-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop shamelessly looking for pats on the back. Mutlit-tablers are going to multi-table.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, Frank. You are ever so enlightened. The fact that an overwhelming majority of players in this forum successfully use a HUD to play online didn't dissuade you from making this post...you're brave, too!

fwiw, my post was very thoughtful...you just don't read very carefully. When I said, "good for you," what I meant was, "It is good to examine possible leaks. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that using a HUD isn't a leak, unless it is overly-relied upon. I think that you are more likely just in a downturn, but if giving up your HUD makes you think you're playing better, then more power to you."

I just short-handed it.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:21 AM

I think we just need to have some better information displayed there. Is it shocking that 3 numbers aren't always reliable? What if you had a HUD that listed the last 10 hands they raised with preflop and the position they raised from? What if it listed what their holding was when they raised, donked, or check-raised (i.e. was it just a pair or bluff, or was it 2 pair or better?) What about other more meaningful stats? And yes there are ways to prevent this from becoming clutter.