Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Ivey or Reese?

Ted Forrest doesn't get a shot?

This sounds as if it needs an OOT playoff.. except you can't talk about poker there.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM

I have a hard time with these kind of questions. I mean, no question Ivey is great and so is Reese, but how much better could they possibly be then players like ZEEbo and el diablo and a lot of the more respected posters on here who constantly think about the game and read and post very advanced deep thoughts in this forum. Where does Ivey learn these things (maybe just through experience). I mean, could ivey put up the kind of numbers ZEEbo, Antonious, mahatma do online...no one knows, but I doubt he could do any better.

I just really find it so hard to categorize anyone as the best. Maybe the question should read, best famous player... Poker is such a hard game to compare people, especially when you talk about the best ever because there is just so damn many great players out there. I would think there just comes a certain level that players reach like the ones I mentioned, where it becomes near impossible for someone to compare them to each other, because they are all extraordinary. I mean, how much better then chip reese could a player possibly get? same goes for ivey.

I could just be rambling, but if anyone gets what I am saying or agrees with me and could go farther with it, go for it, I am not the best at articulating my thoughts.

G
Old 04-19-2006, 12:34 PM

All I know is...NO one is more qualified than me to determine the greatest player in the world. I play at the Bellagio everyday and so do they. I MUST know the answer through gossip, etc. The answer is neither. I am the best player in the world. I dominate Chip's donkey tourney play and Phil's terrible heads up play. They are both too bad to qualify as best in the world. So bad. I hate this topic.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM

In my very substantial opinion...personally, from what I've seen live, and by that I mean absolutely nothing, I'd say Reese, until proven otherwise. Reese has the experience, plus his comb-over rulz.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...Phil's terrible heads up play.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, just ask andy beal
Old 04-19-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no question Ivey is great and so is Reese, but how much better could they possibly be then players like ZEEbo and el diablo

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to kiss their a.ss, just PM them. I don't think I'd be going out on much of a limb when I guess that Reese + Ivey >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>EL D + ZEEBO
Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a hard time with these kind of questions. I mean, no question Ivey is great and so is Reese, but how much better could they possibly be then players like ZEEbo and el diablo and a lot of the more respected posters on here who constantly think about the game and read and post very advanced deep thoughts in this forum. Where does Ivey learn these things (maybe just through experience). I mean, could ivey put up the kind of numbers ZEEbo, Antonious, mahatma do online...no one knows, but I doubt he could do any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK the players you listed are not experts in non-holdem games.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no question Ivey is great and so is Reese, but how much better could they possibly be then players like ZEEbo and el diablo

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to kiss their a.ss, just PM them. I don't think I'd be going out on much of a limb when I guess that Reese + Ivey >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>EL D + ZEEBO

[/ QUOTE ]

public asskissing >>> private asskissing, do you see why?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

public asskissing >>> private asskissing, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhhhhhhh!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:50 PM

fine take their name out and suplement it with any of the other great online players there are out there. My point is that I think there is a certain point where the difference between "great players" i.e. reese, ivey, the top online players.... it's so marginal it's very hard to tell who is better than who...