Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Is this scenario racist?

I remember this being done when the Kobe crap was going on. This whole story does seem strangely bias though. It makes me wonder if it is more about class than race though. It could be that it's only because of the negative results to the DNA tests but it just seems that the media is very much against the victim.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When I saw it I immediately thought about the Kobe Bryant situation. The public wasn't wanting to know anything about the accuser so soon in that instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow really?

you don't remember all the titty pics leaking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I remember all of that.

My point is that this Jim Gibson guy is pretty much siding with the athlete's which seems crazy to me. There were no anchormen siding with Kobe when he went through this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple differences - KB is from the NBA - a league known for it's loose moral standards anyway, so this wasn't really a shocking event for an NBA player. Plus, KB was already a millionaire and successful - these 2 guys from Duke have been tarnished already before they had chance to develop any kind of career. So the hurt and shame to these guys is much more than a guy from the NBA.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:59 AM

Now that was racist! Good example.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:59 AM

I think its pretty funny when a news anchor complains about people getting unfair amounts of attention from the press.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When I saw it I immediately thought about the Kobe Bryant situation. The public wasn't wanting to know anything about the accuser so soon in that instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow really?

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that this Jim Gibson guy is pretty much siding with the athlete's which seems crazy to me. There were no anchormen siding with Kobe when he went through this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple differences - KB is from the NBA - a league known for it's loose moral standards anyway, so this wasn't really a shocking event for an NBA player. Plus, KB was already a millionaire and successful - these 2 guys from Duke have been tarnished already before they had chance to develop any kind of career. So the hurt and shame to these guys is much more than a guy from the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Duke Lacrosse Team doesn't consist of saints.

See article here.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Disclosing the identity of rape victims is a huge taboo. Whoever said this on Fox is a total idiot. I doubt this was a race thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all she is an ALLEGED rape victim.

Second of all the guy on Fox knows about the rape shield laws, he is obviously against them. That was the main point of his piece.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 AM

Faux News racist? who knew?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow really?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See article here.

[/ QUOTE ]

College kids getting caught drinking underage and pissing off the towny neighbors? No friggin way!?!?!?!?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow really?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See article here.

[/ QUOTE ]

College kids getting caught drinking underage and pissing off the towny neighbors? No friggin way!?!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Underage drinking is illegal. Being a professional athlete and banging a different chick every night isn't.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:07 AM

The liar's, er, alleged victim's, identity belongs on TV about as much as the Duke Lacrosse players belong on trial for rape charges.