Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Dear WSEX, the most important thing you can do...

...is getting more players. <---- SO TRUE

Imagine 100% RB and 10,000 players from PP,UB,PS and FT. We could all quit our jobs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...is getting more players. <---- SO TRUE

Imagine 100% RB and 10,000 players from PP,UB,PS and FT. We could all quit our jobs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You have another job?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:26 PM

all-

is there reason to believe that their player base will expand anytime soon?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 PM

Guilty as charged. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2006, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how bad are the games at say 1/2 six max or 2/4 six max

[/ QUOTE ]

I find them to be worse than Party and only slightly worse than Stars. However, the rake back will MORE than compensate for the difference IMO.

1/2 five/six max isn't too tough a game on any site that I know and it isn't too tough on WSEX. IF you are a good sh player, then you shouldn't have any problem at playing 5 max at WSEX. Keep in mind that rake back is also a bigger deal for short hand players.

The full ring games are still a bit tough, but looking right now there is one 5/10 full ring with $71 avg pot and one 30/60 full ring with a $485 avg pot (awesome?). So, it appears that there are some good games coming around even in full ring limit.

As for site growth, it already is happening. Currently there are only 900 players online which compares with numbers in the past few weeks, but there HAS to be many more real money players on right now. You guys need to realize that. Right now there are 6 1/2 tables, 3 2/4 tables, 5 3/6 tables, and 6 5/10 tables going on a Tuesday night, which is a nice little surge in traffic. While, the site is still coming up short at some limits (oddly .50/1.00 and 10/20) there is reason to be optimistic.

Bottom line is, give the site a shot. If you do end up at a tight full ring table, then chew up some of those weak tight players with a little aggression. You don't need to rush over with your whole bankroll (though I have, small bankroll that it is), but if everyone is a little less clingy with the big sites, they might find out they were darned fools for ignoring the opportunity they have there.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is allow more than three tables. Like, now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. Then we can sit at eight empty tables waiting for another player to come along.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:18 PM

they need to make their software faster. often i see the person before me has acted but the buttons don't come up for ages and then suddenly i get the annoying it's your turn to act beep and my time is half down. or, i click and watch myself sitting there not having acted for like 10 seconds even though i know i've clicked. this doesn't happen that often, it's not comparable to the prima lag of like 2 years ago (i remember getting 30h/hr there at 1/2 full ring), but it's still pretty annoying.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:29 PM

There are currently twice as many games going in the $1/2, $2/4 and $5/$10 than there were two weeks ago. Play is way up, and the site is going to be able to attract more and more players with this many games available.

However, keep in mind that with more "quality" players than have ever been at the site before, many of the sports betters that were just kickin it for an evening before will stop playing because the games are getting tougher. The worst thing that could happen at this point is for the "quality" players to be able to dominate even more by playing more than 3 tables.

IMHO, we all need to be less greedy - three is plenty for me, and if I feel the need, I can always play a few tables at Stars/etc.

Right now the WSEX deal is as good as any prop job, without the log-in/out hassle and with more tables to choose from (but that's just for me, because I'm happy to play just $5/$10).

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 PM

How much traffic are there at NL? Are there any shorthanded games(6men,5men or HU?)
Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The most important thing they can do is recruit more players -- the unwashed poker masses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just deposited today (and I haven't showed in days!), but sadly I might not be what you're looking for.

J