Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Deepish 2pr + nut flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
A boat is easy, CR push it. If he happens to have something super donkeyish this time and decides to check behind, make a note and move on.

If you hit a flush, make whatever bet he'll call? I dunno, pot it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks adanthar.

if you were villain and had 44 and the river was a spade, what is the largest bet you would call?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you guys are considering a fold on turn? I'm never folding here, even if I think Villain has top set. You still have like 11 outs and most players at this level will not lay down top set on flop even if the flush comes. I think you are ahead here at least 1/2 the time, and I would seriously consider 3 betting flop or check raising turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against the donkish 2/4 players and normal stack sizes im putting my stack in here most times but my read was pretty strong that villian had a set (limp, 3 bet flop) because id play it the same as he did if i had his hand.

I agree with not folding the turn, so i called figuring an A or 6 was an additonal out i had, and my implied odds were large if i hit with maybe UTG coming for the ride. On turn UTG folded and later said he had k9 spades - so a spade on the turn would have been big. River came an uneventful 10 of clubs, so it went check check. Villian must have been scared of the potential straight and flipped over 99's. Not sure if i could have played much different...
Old 04-18-2006, 09:14 PM

GET THA MONEY IN THERE IS NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT