Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Pass up this edge?

Call. The times he has a draw balance the times he has two pair+, so on average you have 15 outs with overlay. Easy call.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 AM

What hand does he feel comfortable with this massive overbet push?

The only hands that spring to mind are ones like 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I'd like to think a set or two pair would try to extract more value.

I think we can rule out A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]...

I call, but I lika da big stack early and don't mind gambling to get it, so my view may be tainted.

Edit: I have to learn to type faster. 150 resposes all saying the same thing since I started my reply. Guess it's a call...
Old 04-18-2006, 11:11 AM

I'd feel that two pair makes this move all day long, especially bottom two pair. You don't want to be playing the hand for value OOP against and EP raiser and limp/caller. However, I just can't see how he can have called with any hand that has just two-paired here.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd feel that two pair makes this move all day long, especially bottom two pair. You don't want to be playing the hand for value OOP against and EP raiser and limp/caller. However, I just can't see how he can have called with any hand that has just two-paired here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I flop bottom 2 here (misclick, insanity, whatever the reason for my preflop call), I bet the pot.

Do you advocate a push, or do you just mean to say you can understand why a random villain might push 2 pair?
Old 04-18-2006, 11:32 AM

I was not advocating a push here, I would understand it.

Actually, I think I might advocate a push here if I'd called a bet pf and flopped two-pair on this board for a few reasons. No one's going to expect two-pair and they will assume that it's not a set so you'll be put on the draw or a pair and will get a call from a better draw or a a decent pair/kicker. It appears that A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is calling for a start. Secondly, I hate making pot bets with vulnerable hands like this. More or less any turn card is scary if we get a call and we're OOP and getting close to being pot-comitted. Our opponent may be behind, but he'll be entitled to believe that he's ahead and may bet accordingly which will make getting to showdown very painful. Lastly, if I've been crazy enough to call with 105 pre-flop, then push, show and turn off the chat. It's got to make people wary.

If this is a misclick, then I would be very tempted to play it like this. If I've been crazy enough to call on purpose with a hand that can two-pair this board, then the fact that the hand is unreadable has the potential to make it as dangerous for me as it is for them.

However, the more I think about it, the more unlikely I think it is that OV had two-pair.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:33 AM

easiest
call
evar
Old 04-18-2006, 02:21 PM

Call, the absolute best hand this ever is is AT.
You will often pick off a worse flush draw or something really stupid like 64.
Plus, you have outs to the nuts. nuts = never fold. GAAAAMBOOOOOL.