Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 10:05 PM

Default Re: PS3 release/purchase/resell

Doesn't matter. They'll sell out of all of em' everywhere. Some people might be content especially in outlying areas to pay the premium over driving 50 miles into a city, wiating 4 hours, and then not getting one.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They aren't planning on releasing like 50 billion units are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I read a million a month starting at launch.. I dont play video games so this may be erroneous but I believe that's what I read. And since it's being released smack-dab in the middle of the Christmas shopping season... prepare to make crazy loot on EBay [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2006, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They aren't planning on releasing like 50 billion units are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I read a million a month starting at launch.. I dont play video games so this may be erroneous but I believe that's what I read. And since it's being released smack-dab in the middle of the Christmas shopping season... prepare to make crazy loot on EBay [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like the Revolution is supposed to release around the same time? I'm guessing that this would be a good money making situation also?
Old 04-21-2006, 12:32 PM

If that's the case (Revolution being released the same time) then yes, good opportunity if production is limited initially... but the PS3 would be where I'd concentrate most of my efforts... I missed the XBOX 360 boat and kicked myself when I saw them selling for $1000+ on EBay during launch due to product shortage.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:13 PM

They're still selling for around retail value on Ebay for people who totally missed the boat.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:38 AM

so wheres a good place to preorder these things?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so wheres a good place to preorder these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't started looking yet, but I'm thinking local smaller video game stores are going to be the best bet. I don't even know if they do it, but I'm staying as far away as possible from WalMart, Best Buy, ToysRUs, etc. I'm thinking EB, GameCrazy, and any just local type stores will be good. Of course if you live in a huge metroplex it's going to be difficult no matter what.

Anyone who sold XBox 360s have any tips? I read that on the day of release there were somewhere around 25 auctions for the system ending every MINUTE on Ebay. I guess it would be a good idea to set a reserve at the cost of the unit to make sure it doesn't slip by?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:17 PM

From what I have heard many of the units that wound up on eBay were from the smaller video game stores. The bigger chains will probable the the place to preorder them. Makes sense for the owners of the small shops to eBay their allotment. Why make only the normal markup when you can sell the unit for 2x or more the retail price.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I have heard many of the units that wound up on eBay were from the smaller video game stores. The bigger chains will probable the the place to preorder them. Makes sense for the owners of the small shops to eBay their allotment. Why make only the normal markup when you can sell the unit for 2x or more the retail price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this seems true. I guess I mean more medium sized shops that are still national chains but seemingly less difficult to preorder from (ala EB Games). I could just be full of [censored], though. For what it's worth, I went to a GameStop today, and they hadn't started selling presells but were going to start soon.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:52 PM

gamestop type places are where you want to preorder as wallmart, bestbuy and the like don't even take preorders. Thats why tons of people lined up overnight to get one. They will probably start taking preorders after the E3 announcements on it as thats what they did with teh 360 last year.

Just a warning to anyone thinking of going crazy here, the resale market for the ps3 probably isn't going to be quite as high as the 360. While there will still be money to be made i think the large price tag plus the combination of many more scalpers will cut into profits quite a bit. Also, you can expect microsoft to put up some serious competetion in the form of price drops and game bundles.

I think there will still be some money to be made but i wouldn't count on seeing the 3-4 hundred percent increases that we got on the first day of the 360 launch. Of course the beauty of this type of investment is that it is pretty impossible to lose any money so its worth a shot.