Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: STTF Werewolf V discussion thread

An interesting thing that hasn't been discussed here is what was going on between curtains and me before we were outed as werewolves.

Citanul was lynched during turn 1 for not being around, then at the beginning of turn 2 I case a random accusation at him just because he wasn't around. Of course, I knew at this point that he actually was around so he would be back to defend himself. None of the other wolves knew I was going to do this before the turn started, but I figured curtains was smart enough to figure out how to make it work.

Eventually, the true seer would have looked at one of us, but it would probably be 1 or 2 turns before that happened. At that point, the fight between the two of us would have escalated and one of us would get killed. However, the one who didn't get killed would have gained a lot of trust from the villagers. By the time they caught on, I think it probably would have been too late.

We got unlucky in the fact that the seer randomly chose to look at the two of us in two turns. Even if he had only seen one of us, I think this plan would have worked very well.

Discuss.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I personally like when everyone is revealed, I just think the wolves need a better population balance or perhaps a seer from there end.,...or one of those "false wolves" that don't look like wolves to the seers. I really like revealing info though, makes everything more exciting somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The evil seer and hidden wolf are possible roles to help balance the current standard game.

J
Old 04-15-2006, 02:13 PM

I think that in future games another rule that needs to be explicit is werewolf day talking.

In the game run by bluefeet the wolves were allowed to chat and plot and coordinate secretly during the day. In others, I understand that this wasn't the case.

I think some twist on the current set is needed to keep the STTF games alive at least. Also, next game we should have some sort of both a) scheduling b) commitment of checking the board semi frequently for players wishing to play.

(I'm trying to keep in mind here that it takes like not much time to play this game live, but forever to play online for some reason. Maybe the correct way to play such games is in a chat room of some sort. bleh.

c
Old 04-15-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An interesting thing that hasn't been discussed here is what was going on between curtains and me before we were outed as werewolves.

Citanul was lynched during turn 1 for not being around, then at the beginning of turn 2 I case a random accusation at him just because he wasn't around. Of course, I knew at this point that he actually was around so he would be back to defend himself. None of the other wolves knew I was going to do this before the turn started, but I figured curtains was smart enough to figure out how to make it work.

Eventually, the true seer would have looked at one of us, but it would probably be 1 or 2 turns before that happened. At that point, the fight between the two of us would have escalated and one of us would get killed. However, the one who didn't get killed would have gained a lot of trust from the villagers. By the time they caught on, I think it probably would have been too late.

We got unlucky in the fact that the seer randomly chose to look at the two of us in two turns. Even if he had only seen one of us, I think this plan would have worked very well.

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

In worked in WW3 with JGunnip getting in for coming out against me and yugo. Also didn't hurt that the seer was gone right off the bat.

This break is getting ridiculous. People shouldn't sign up for games if they don't intend to be there to play.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:37 PM

Yeah we should also have a list of players that simply never get to play again due to inactivity in previous games. Or at least it should be noted so that active players don't join games with these players. I do think that a few quiet guys does make things quite interesting, but if they are totally disinterested and not paying attention at all, thats not really fun.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:38 PM

btw if the seer or angel haven't protected anyone, I really believe the day should proceed without any protection/sight. If the wolves haven't killed anyone, the day should proceed without a kill, or with a kill generated by RNG. The same can be said of the seer/angel protection.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

btw if the seer or angel haven't protected anyone, I really believe the day should proceed without any protection/sight. If the wolves haven't killed anyone, the day should proceed without a kill, or with a kill generated by RNG. The same can be said of the seer/angel protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule in any game I run is:

1) If the wolves don't have a majority after 1 hour, the minority leader wins with ties broken randomly. If no wolf has voted, the target is chosen randomly.

2) If the seer hasn't seen anyone after 1 hour, I PM them a random person.

3) if the angel hasn't protected anyone after 1 hour, they protect themself.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:20 PM

Gaaah. And I had some serious FPS planned for this turn too.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gaaah. And I had some serious FPS planned for this turn too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got torture and mutilation, you should feel special. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah we should also have a list of players that simply never get to play again due to inactivity in previous games. Or at least it should be noted so that active players don't join games with these players. I do think that a few quiet guys does make things quite interesting, but if they are totally disinterested and not paying attention at all, thats not really fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this list should be officially called "The Spud Curlman List."

Then we can verb it.

"Dude, did you see how durron totally spud curlmaned that game? I can't believe he went out clubbing during a werewolf game!"

"I need to head to the hospital, sorry for spud curlmaning this game."

etc.

Good times.

citanul