Old 04-09-2006, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Stars 150+12 Clear Fold?

[ QUOTE ]
Clear push

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-09-2006, 05:23 AM

No this thread ain't a joke because;

1) He has a strong hand and any pocket pair puts him ahead. A weaker ace is NOT likely considering the fact that he is solid and he made the play from an early position.
2) Getting involved vs this strong opponent (his stack is still big enough to cause me major damage) would either put me in a juicy position OR rule me out of the tournament.
3) That there are dead money from blinds to get too isn't really that interesting since i'm almost dead if I loose this hand and Im in a very good spot if winning it, blindmoney beeing there or not.

Im just saying that there has been opportunities better to play AK than in a probable 5050. It's not like we are in the middle of the tournament, it's at a late crucial stage..
Old 04-09-2006, 05:32 AM

Jesus, why isn't this thread over? Listen to Ansky. You can't avoid coinflips in poker, even though you think you're SO much better than everyone else. Are you telling me he never plays AQ or AJ likes this?

Are you going to be waiting for aces when the average stack is 8 bb's? (btw, I've never seen the stuper get this shortstacked before and I would like to see some proof that the average stack was this small).

Don't kid yourself. You have an absolutely monster hand for this position. I'd be shoving AQ in this spot too.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:44 AM

No i think he would push AJs or AQs from the start.

The avgstack might have been a little higher, but it was somewhere in that area.

This tournament was played a few days ago and I don't have all the exact stats in mind..

The point with this thread is; When not beeing in a desperate position, should I take the coinflip?

People where dropping out like flies and i was just wondering is this a 2-3k hand? I just started playing tournaments, and so far I'm winning more money than my fair share. However, Im not a tournament expert, I have a lot of things to learn, hence I post on this forum since I know there are a lot of good players here. That's what the forum is for isn't it?

How did the hand go?

I pushed and he called with queens and I lost.

That's why I wrote this post to wonder if I should have waited for a better opportunity. I Wrote it because I wanted to know if I played the hand right or If i should have avoided an obvious coinflip...
Old 04-09-2006, 05:49 AM

Against queens, you are a coinflip.

Against his range, you are NOT a coinflip.

Do you see why?

And even if you KNOW it's a coinflip, why would you be avoiding coinflips when pretty soon everyone in the tournament is in push or fold mode? Believe me, being results oriented in shortstacked tournament poker is unbelievably bad for your game in the long run.