Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Check out this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
No, I would never go all in UTG with A9s unless I had no chips left.. Yes I will limp in with it. If I am short stacked but shorter stacked than I was. Honestly? In this case It was probably NLHE at its cruelest. It does happen. What I learned here is to just fold the damned hand UTG unless I am down to zilch... or I can afford to outraise all chasers and steal the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am completely confused because you are making no sense.

You weren't UTG

You said you should've pushed, but now said you would never do it

You said "it happens" but what is "it"?

Sorry you ran into 7d6d
Old 04-06-2006, 06:48 PM

In this case I disagree. My stack was short but not so short that I could not have waited for a better hand. With my size stack in this situation UTG I should have waited. With a healthy stack? I would have played it as I did. Trouble was, I didn't have a healthy stack. I made my first mistake pre-flop. UTG your stack size really matters. In late position with no raises before me I would have raised to a fare-thee-well.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:51 PM

Lemme guess, you lost to 33 or 55 or maybe 67dd/62dd. Your limp preflop is pretty bad, but I like it way more than your check-minraise on the flop.

Preflop: Fold or raise, fold is the better choice
Flop: Well, nice flop for your hand, now how do you get all your money into the pot? As 2nd last to act you'll likely not get a chance to checkraise (unless the button is very very active) so pushing is probably the best option available.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this case I disagree. My stack was short but not so short that I could not have waited for a better hand. With my size stack in this situation UTG I should have waited. With a healthy stack? I would have played it as I did. Trouble was, I didn't have a healthy stack. I made my first mistake pre-flop. UTG your stack size really matters. In late position with no raises before me I would have raised to a fare-thee-well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude
WHAT ARE YOU FREAKING TALKING ABOUT?!

You weren't UTG.

You had 28 BB

You had an M of almost 19

The BB is only t20! You have t560!

Your PF was actually okay, the limping is okay, though folding is as viable an option.

PUSHING IS AWFUL
MINRAISING THE FLOP IS AWFUL

I'm not trying to be rude here dude, but you don't have a grasp on terminology or stack sizes to make these arguments.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lemme guess, you lost to 33 or 55 or maybe 67dd/62dd. Your limp preflop is pretty bad, but I like it way more than your check-minraise on the flop.

Preflop: Fold or raise, fold is the better choice

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, PF limp is mehhhhh. It's okay sometimes, even with t560. Like I've screamed for 3 posts, he has 28BB, tons of room to work, and hitting a flush could double him up. Raising is a poor option with blinds so low. If I'm in the SB, and someone raises to t60 from MP, I'm calling with 33, 55, and 76s. Especially this early.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:03 PM

OK NinjaMan...Will go back to the books and BTW, I'm a dudette. And still pretty new at this. And pretty old to be so new...My son sicced me on you...sorry.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Eh, PF limp is mehhhhh. It's okay sometimes, even with t560. Like I've screamed for 3 posts, he has 28BB, tons of room to work, and hitting a flush could double him up. Raising is a poor option with blinds so low. If I'm in the SB, and someone raises to t60 from MP, I'm calling with 33, 55, and 76s. Especially this early.

[/ QUOTE ]

True true. For some reason I was thinking about his post above mine where he was talking about doing it from UTG, in which case I hate the limp. From around back I don't mind the limp, but I definitely don't mind a raise or a fold either.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:04 PM

"It" is 62D
Old 04-06-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"It" is 62D

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, i was close.

UTG is an acronym for under the gun, or first player to act (1st player after the blinds). You were in MP3, which is the 5th person to act. Your preflop limp is decent enough.

On this flop, c/r all in is okay or open shoving (going all-in) is decent, too.

Why did you son "sic" you on me? I'm providing some analysis and help (loosely used term).
Old 04-06-2006, 07:24 PM

Because he is UTG with his job right now, got frustrated with my slow coming to terms with putting all my chips on the table (too many years of handling the family budget?) and when I asked about a forum he told me 2+2 was the only one I should give my time. Since you are on 2+2 he sicced me on you! :-)