Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: All In Overbet Semi bluff 200NL

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a minraise pretty much on the flop?!?

Otherwise, i like

[/ QUOTE ]

DB,

The flop raise was fairly small--you were the first to point this out [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Anyway, I wish i had some cool reason for making the smallish raise but i don't.

regards,

ness
Old 04-06-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain is a below avg. player. Seems to know what is going on, but just isn't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. At first I liked it, then I remembered that he was a poor player. Can he lay down a Q? Bad players have trouble laying down TP. And forget about it if he has AA/KK. He called your flop raise, so he likely has something.

IMO, the better EV move against a poor player would be to check behind on the turn. Against a solid TAG, a push might be better because of the increased FE.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Villain is a below avg. player. Seems to know what is going on, but just isn't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. At first I liked it, then I remembered that he was a poor player. Can he lay down a Q? Bad players have trouble laying down TP. And forget about it if he has AA/KK. He called your flop raise, so he likely has something.

IMO, the better EV move against a poor player would be to check behind on the turn. Against a solid TAG, a push might be better because of the increased FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ,

You are the man.

I pushed--I felt is was paifully obvious he had a one pair hand.

He thought for a few seconds and called, tabling KQo.

Oddly, I didn't improve. wtf??!!

Anyway, I posted the hand becuase after i called they guy a big fat p.o.s. (i was on semi life tilt), he told me that it was soooooooo obvious i was bluffing.

Thanks guys.

go usa,

ness
Old 04-06-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
**This hand is from memory, so bear with me**

I don't really have any play specific reads on him.

I am not sure how I am viewed, as I haven't showed down many hands or won any big pots.

preflop:

utg limp, fold, co raises to 9, i call on buttton with AcJc, utg folds

--i would rather not discuss preflop, since i don't care

pot (23 or so)

flop: Q T 8

villain leads for a little less than pot, i pop it to 45 maybe, this sob calls.

turn

Q T 8 4: two clubs now yippee

guy checks, i push it (had i bet pot i would have about 50 left)....

thoughts.....

thanks,

ness

edited to say: villain should know my range is rather wide on the button, he should also be aware that i don't suck.

i think

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Villans range is pretty wide as it looks like a steal preflop and a cbet on the flop that doesn't want to give away a hand for what looks like a min raise (he bet $20 and you raised to $45 making it $25 for him to call and the pots now at $88 so he's getting sick odds)

The check on the turn looks like weakness, so I like the push here, but think you are behind everything that calls and drawing to 9 flush outs + 4 kings + 4 Nines and maybe once in a while your ace is good, so + 1 Ace out for 18 outs.

More often then not though, villan is folding an underpair or AT to this agression and you are taking down a good size pot with the worst hand.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say that I did point out that I wasnt sure what kind of FE ness was getting here. I typed your post in less words. Except I like the push. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say that I did point out that I wasnt sure what kind of FE ness was getting here. I typed your post in less words. Except I like the push. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still probably in brain haze mode from Florida's national championship.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still probably in brain haze mode from Florida's national championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, very true. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2006, 03:02 PM

God damn mother [censored] screw balls!!!

if anyone is going to hijack a thread, bantering with another poster, it is going to be ness.

[censored],

ness
Old 04-06-2006, 03:02 PM

Couple of huge problems with the hand.

The flop raise is fine, you have a double gutter, although one of them puts 4 to a straight out there making it tough to get paid with.

Once he calls your flop raise, he isn't folding pretty much, you have to realize that. You can't bluff a bad player, because right now all you are doing is bluffing. Your fold equity against poor players is always pretty low...they take marginal hands too far, that's what they do incorrectly...here you are letting him make his normal mistake, except this time, it isn't a mistake.

You had a chance for a free card with a monster draw on the turn....instead you charge yourself the max...congrats. If you had hit on the river, he'd have probably paid off the same bet.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mad,

I had four outs with the 9 also.

edit: in retrospect, i think i made a large error with the small raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to say without Chip Stack sizes (or maybe they're there and I'm blind) but did you consider pushing the flop?