Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 03:21 AM

Default Re: WSEX skin?

Exactly - if it was limited-time they would want to tell their players, "This promotion runs for APRIL ONLY. Sign-up NOW to take advantage of 100% rake-back!!"

The fact that they aren't listing any kind of expiry-date could actually discourage some players from trying it out right-away...since it's going to be around next week and the week after that anyway...no hurry.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly - if it was limited-time they would want to tell their players, "This promotion runs for APRIL ONLY. Sign-up NOW to take advantage of 100% rake-back!!"

The fact that they aren't listing any kind of expiry-date could actually discourage some players from trying it out right-away...since it's going to be around next week and the week after that anyway...no hurry.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then everyone signs up for April and never plays there again. The idea is to get some critical mass, treat poker as a loss leader for a bit, and then start to whittle it a bit. First, we'll get 90%, then 80%, etc. and they'll keep doing that until then start losing the mass of players.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But then everyone signs up for April and never plays there again. The idea is to get some critical mass, treat poker as a loss leader for a bit, and then start to whittle it a bit. First, we'll get 90%, then 80%, etc. and they'll keep doing that until then start losing the mass of players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...so if they tell people it's not for a limited period and then anyway start charging rake again you think people stay with the site after the promotion is over??
Your reasoning doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Advertising it as a limited period offer makes a lot of sense if thats the case.
If they are not set on ending it soon on the other hand it's a bad idea to tell people to hurry before the offer runs out since people might feel cheated.

I would be hurrying to sign up also if it was advertised as only being for a month or two.
And if the tourneys and SnG's would fill up a bit more eventually I would be happy to keep playing even if it was a promotion that ended since I found the blazingly fast software a pleasure to play on.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:53 AM

One of my players called and got the same One Year time frame, from a polite CR person who spoke English!

Personally, I am quite sure that it will last for that long! If they are still collecting the rake from other sites, it is possible that the chat problem may come from the fact that anyone on WPEX can't chat with people from other skins? That would actually make sense so no mention of RAKE FREE was made.

This last is just supposition on my part!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having a skin would explain why the software needs to take rake then give 100% back instead of not taking it at all. THere was a discussion in another thread as to why this might be.

[/ QUOTE ]

they could up the rake in the future and keep giving the same money back in absolute terms. E.g. rake +25%, effective rakeback at 80%
Old 04-06-2006, 08:08 AM

They could also limit the number of people who got 100% rake back and then start phasing in some partial rake! Sites tend to grandfather people who helped them in the early days. Well, that would be sites other than Party Poker who depended on their props to get the site started and then jsut dumped them!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They could also limit the number of people who got 100% rake back and then start phasing in some partial rake! Sites tend to grandfather people who helped them in the early days. Well, that would be sites other than Party Poker who depended on their props to get the site started and then jsut dumped them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can I find more information on the party prop days?

blake
Old 04-10-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...so if they tell people it's not for a limited period and then anyway start charging rake again you think people stay with the site after the promotion is over??
Your reasoning doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well your failure to understand is not really my fault. They want long term players. By advertising rake-free for a limited time, they get more signups, but less longevity.

This way, it SOUNDS long term, and people plan to play there long term, and they get used to the site, and maybe Pokertracker starts to support it, etc. Then, they slowly start charging a minimal amount to start, and then whatever the supply/demand curve allows dependingg on their profits.

What's not to understand?
Old 04-10-2006, 04:13 PM

quite frankly, I would play on WSEX even with like 25% rakeback. Seriously.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quite frankly, I would play on WSEX even with like 25% rakeback. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

So would i. The sheep there are just dying to be fleeced.