Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Almost in the red, Hands like this are big help

I think we raise pre-flop (which changes things), given that we didn't, we raise flop for a free card, on turn we have top pair, so raise turn, and on river we have a decent flush so we bet river.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:00 PM

Mr. W you are correct, sorry. I checked it down but was planning to fold to a bet.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:07 PM

Raise preflop. It'd probably be a different hand after that, but raise the turn. Call the river. You'll be in the red if you constantly assume you're going to or have lost the hand.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River: He only checked, so he clearly now fears you made a flush or a better flush than what he had so bet for value. He probably wouldn't be trying to check raise someone who has yet to bet out into the hand. You most likely have the best hand here and if he has the King clubs, he may be scared enough to fold the river (it happens at micro stakes) thinking you have an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did have the clubK. So he was trying to check raise me. I am not trying to be argumentive. The way the table went was I sat down and got about 6 of ten hands that were playable. Not one flop hit me and a few came close. I did the agressive bet the flop thing on them but the turn kept putting me in worse shape and I had to fold. I had created an image of LSP (loose sissy pussy). The feel that I had of the other player was that he had the Kclub. I knew he did not have the ace, I was onehundred % about this. When he did the "oh I am not sure that I should bet this time delay bluff" I was 150% sure.

I considered the flop raise and the turn raise but with the image that the cards and my play had created I can not imagine that anyone would ever, ever, ever release a hand.

I agree with you that the hand could have been played more agressive. But when I try to be agressive I spew. I spewed earlier at the table. If I had been aggressive then the only result at this table would have been that I would have spewed another 5-6 BB.

I was on a poker vacation till Wed and I should have honored it. Now I am so tilted I don't need to play or think of the game. See ya in the psych forum.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The feel that I had of the other player was that he had the Kclub. I knew he did not have the ace, I was onehundred % about this. When he did the "oh I am not sure that I should bet this time delay bluff" I was 150% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl

[ QUOTE ]
I considered the flop raise and the turn raise but with the image that the cards and my play had created I can not imagine that anyone would ever, ever, ever release a hand

[/ QUOTE ]
it's usually okay if they dont fold when you have the best of it
Old 01-09-2006, 05:45 PM

If you called the flop, then why not raise the turn when you got the card you wanted?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:18 PM

You think everyone sees you as a loose sissy pussy, and that's indeed how you played the hand. But your hand is strong enough to bet preflop, bet the flop, and bet the turn.

And if you get raised because they probably think your a pussy, just call (or perhaps even raise) and bet on the next street. If your read is correct that will force them to have a real hand to call you. Since they think you are a pussy they should conclude that you have a real good hand since you still show agression. And that's actually not far from the truth here.

That said; I would never trust the read you have, I would require that they are really paying attention to the game.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:19 PM

Raise preflop.
Raise the turn.

I'm undecided about the river.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:56 PM

Raising w/ the best hand is not spew. You had the best hand on the turn. Who cares if he doesn't release his hand? It's a value bet when you are head. You are over 50% to win on the turn if he's only on a flush draw, and you are only putting in 50% of the money. That's profit.

Also, just because he had the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesn't mean he intended to check raise the river. As I said before, a check raise just doesn't fit the rest of this hand. It's more likely that he feared the Ace.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, just because he had the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesn't mean he intended to check raise the river. As I said before, a check raise just doesn't fit the rest of this hand. It's more likely that he feared the Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I would highly doubt he intended to C/R. But it does put you in the tough spot of determining whether your hand is strong enough to bet on the river (I probably would). I would have raised the flop, likely had it checked to me on the turn where again I would bet since I've improved to TP. Can't tell you if he would have folded there, but it may have helped win this hand. Playing it this way in the future may help you take down a few pots with similar situations.