Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 10/20NL overpair against megadonk

i don't even know if the advice i given applied to this thread, but other than Cool Daddy everyone was just 'donk fish. call. whatever. next hand'. the point of it was that the hand before is very different, when i am on full gear in a game when i bluff the regulars i bluff them with hands that it looks like i am overplaying rather than flat out bluffing. A good pair bluff when you are trying to get a better pair to fold, and this does very well because of the types of players who say 'overplaying donk. call' on the next hands.

this hand you could run the numbers and their may be enough overplaying hands and enough of a percentage chance he overplays ace high for you to call. i didn't go that deep into it.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:50 PM

ML4L,

Would you advocate smooth-calling here? I don't really see folding an option.

Also, why hasn't anyone considered Axdd as part of his hand range?
Old 01-09-2006, 04:53 PM

Because we didn't know the flush draw was diamonds. But I do specifically mention draws in my post and think that flush/straight draws are a decent part of his range.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 PM

He has to do this an awful lot with stuff you beat to make it worth calling. I just don't see people making this move with 88 or AK very often.

Even if he's doing it with two big cards occasionally, two big cards have much more equity vs your 99 than your 99 does vs. an overpair.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:47 PM

creed,

[ QUOTE ]
He has to do this an awful lot with stuff you beat to make it worth calling. I just don't see people making this move with 88 or AK very often.

Even if he's doing it with two big cards occasionally, two big cards have much more equity vs your 99 than your 99 does vs. an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think it's likely that someone who overplayed a previous hand as badly as he did would be inclined to put all their money in the pot with any pp here? I do think higher pairs are more likely given that he raised preflop, and I don't know whether he'd raise small pairs everytime or not, but other than that, I have a hard time seeing him folding something like 66 here. Also, I am about even money against two broadway diamonds, and while his whole hand range here is probably ahead of 99, keep in mind I am getting almost 2-1 on my call.