Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 12:51 PM

Default Re: is the pottery barn full of idiots?

I'm pretty sure that hardcore Mormom weddings contain secrets that non-Mormons aren't allowed to know. IIRC, the husband is given some sort of secret password that determines whether his wife gets allowed into heaven. This might also be when they're presented with the magic underwear.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Mormonism.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Re: my girlfriend\'s cheapass brother

It probably will work. They can return a lot of that stuff. I think that's wrong, especially for people who are religious. You should only return it if you didn't use it.

However...
A few years ago my roommates did a little "scam" on Walmart (totally legal, mind you). They purchased car speakers from one store that had the speakers on clearance for 75% off. Then they returned then at other stores where they weren't on clearance and got the money. They justified it because Walmart is evil. And they didn't damage the speakers; didn't even open the boxes. They got about $500.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you implying that you weren't allowed into the wedding?

I can understand space considerations keeping me out of a wedding between more distant relations, but a fundamental disclusion like this would prevent me from taking them seriously as people. ~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I wish more religions would come with a built-in excuse for me to avoid the wedding.

"Sorry. I really had nothing to do for four hours this Saturday, but unfortunately, I'm not Catholic so I won't be able to attend your second cousin's wedding, Honey."
Old 01-09-2006, 12:55 PM

If they don't have scruples I'd say they could pull this off. Just have one of them bring all the stuff back, in original condition and say the wedding was called off at the last minute. I'm sure the pity factor would overcome any doubt. It is pretty much a douche thing to do, but whatever works I guess.

Swede
Old 01-09-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but a fundamental disclusion like this would prevent me from taking them seriously as people.

[/ QUOTE ]

good thing christianity doesnt have anything like this.

well except that one about going to hell if youre not christian.

bwana
Old 01-09-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However...
A few years ago my roommates did a little "scam" on Walmart (totally legal, mind you). They purchased car speakers from one store that had the speakers on clearance for 75% off. Then they returned then at other stores where they weren't on clearance and got the money. They justified it because Walmart is evil. And they didn't damage the speakers; didn't even open the boxes. They got about $500.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is doubly stupid of Walmart not to require a receipt for returns.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is doubly stupid of Walmart not to require a receipt for returns.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's stuff like this that allows Walmart to run small businesses out of business. Small businesses can't afford to be as "generous" as Walmart when it comes to their return policies because they'd get abused like the OP's S.O.'s family is abusing them. So Walmart comes off as being a great customer-service oriented business (simply because they can afford to do so), which the small businesses can't afford to emulate.

When I worked as a salesman in a mattress store, it wasn't uncommon to have someone purchase mattresses on a Friday, have them delivered that night, and then show up on the door on Monday expecting a refund. Obviously they'd had guests over the weekend, and figured this was a way to put them up for free. However, our store wouldn't give refunds, we'd allow only exchanges or store credit. The policy was posted all over the store, but the douchebags who would try to pull these scams were usually too stupid to read the signs or inquire about or return policies beforehand. About once a month I'd have somebody flipping out on me, telling me how "Walmart lets me return things all the time". People get to be so used to dealing with stores like Walmart that they think that everyone operates the same way.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:39 PM

Sounds like a real nice family you've gotten involved with.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few years ago my roommates did a little "scam" on Walmart (totally legal, mind you). They purchased car speakers from one store that had the speakers on clearance for 75% off. Then they returned then at other stores where they weren't on clearance and got the money. They justified it because Walmart is evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very ILlegal and if they were to get caught I'm pretty sure it means prison time. WalMart sucks but that's gonna make a crappy defense.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how you think that this is in any way "legal".