Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 11:38 AM

Default Re: AC Trip Report: First time playing decent stakes live poker (long)

Cool, one of these days we'll cross paths down there! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Fortunately for me, you are out of the 10/20 games! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rebuild time for me, will take awhile, but I'll see you down there. I'll be on the rainy weekend plan, any day it rains on Sat/Sun I'll probably be down there.

Keep in touch and let me know when you head down next [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
extremely hot blonde Polish waitress

[/ QUOTE ]
This is like double, or even triple, redundant.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:22 PM

I think when talking about the Borg you can just say "waitress" and imply all elements of hotness, but with the Taj you certainly need adjective qualifiers.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: AC Trip Report: First time playing decent stakes live poker (long

[ QUOTE ]
There are some very, very good players in the 10-20 and 20-40 games in AC.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:26 PM

I hate you.

Nice trip, bastard. :P
Old 03-31-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: AC Trip Report: First time playing decent stakes live poker (long

[ QUOTE ]
If you checked in when you were playing with a Taj card, you should have no trouble getting a poker rate during the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

... as long as you remember to check out before you leave! Otherwise, the credits are lost.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:45 PM

IMHO there is only one waitress at the taj who is even a little bit good-lookin. I think she has fake boobs too?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad that you were running good in AC but here's a little warning. There are some very, very good players in the 10-20 and 20-40 games in AC. A lot of people I know from NYC are down there every weekend playing those limits. If the highest you've played prior to this is a 2-4 game then I would caution you to slow down. Especially if your downing all the free booze they are throwing your way. When the deck stops hitting you in the head you are going to get your clock cleaned by some of those people. You might consider this: the Taj has a 5-10 limit game that really is an easy one, and I think you'll be more in your comfort zone in that one. Anyway, best of luck to you whether you listen to my advice or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are quite a few semipros and subsistance pros in the 10/20 and 20/40 games in AC. There are also a lot of loose fish. On weekends, the games are somewhat softer, with more fish, but also more semipros/pros.

The 5/10 game at the Taj does not have many good players, but I wouldn't call it supersoft. Sometimes it can be maniacal, but more often it is fairly tight. When it is tight, it may still be quite beatable, with predictable tight players. I think the 10/20, 15/30, and 20/40 are sometimes better games.

That being said, Greywolf has a point that I would be careful about extrapolating from beating the 20/40 game one night. It is easy to get lucky or unlucky, and I wouldn't assume that you are EV+ long-term in it.

If you want to play 10/20+ limit holdem in AC, the Taj probably has the most games. The Borgata is the alternative, and some people prefer it for its much ritzier atmosphere.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:58 PM

There are quite a few semipros and subsistance pros in the 10/20 and 20/40 games in AC. There are also a lot of loose fish. On weekends, the games are somewhat softer, with more fish, but also more semipros/pros.

The 5/10 game at the Taj does not have many good players, but I wouldn't call it supersoft. Sometimes it can be maniacal, but more often it is fairly tight. When it is tight, it may still be quite beatable, with predictable tight players. I think the 10/20, 15/30, and 20/40 are sometimes better games.

That being said, Greywolf has a point that I would be careful about extrapolating from beating the 20/40 game one night. It is easy to get lucky or unlucky, and I wouldn't assume that you are EV+ long-term in it.

If you want to play 10/20+ limit holdem in AC, the Taj probably has the most games. The Borgata is the alternative, and some people prefer it for its much ritzier atmosphere.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do not agree at all that the 5/10 is tougher than 10,20,or 40 games, i do think that sometimes the 10 game is a little tougher than the 20
Old 03-31-2006, 02:13 PM

I haven't seen her, my Taj list is still at zero.