Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Seeing people you know are famous, but don\'t know from where

[ QUOTE ]
you should have asked him if Urkel was always annoying on set.

after the confusion clears you can show massive disappointment that he is not in fact carl winslow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing about this is that as soon as I said "I think he played a cop on a TV show," my girlfriend's response was "It's definitely Carl Winslow," which, of course, it wasn't.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Po,

It's not your fault all black people look the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING
Old 03-30-2006, 05:08 AM

El,

They don't all look the same, but some large black television personalities with facial hair do look similar.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:09 AM

Diablo,

Why do I care? I didn't really care, but it was really [censored] bothering me that I knew the guy from someplace and couldn't remember where. Kind of like when you think of a song, and remember that it was a really good song, but can't remember the title, who sang it or how it went.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:24 AM

Ignore them and let them be, or smile and nod if you catch their eye. Human stuff. The guy is there with his wife and all, let him enjoy his time off.

I used to work in a bookstore in Santa Monica that attracted a lot of stars, and at first stars just blew my mind. Then some of the first ones I met turned out to be dicks, and it straightened me out.

Eventually I just snapped out of it and realized they were real people(sorta -- some of them weren't at all) who just wanted to relax like anyone else and have a little private space. I think they and I were much happier when I learned to pick my jaw up off the floor and not let my brain blast off into outer space when I saw them. And I realized that it's kind of easy for people to be dicks around stars in a way, without meaning to, just by treating them as if they're not human beings.

The real dicks dig that, but the stars who are actually cool enough to not go crazy over themselves are perversely punished for not having a forbidding jackass star attitude by having people get weird on them and interfere with their lives.

Anyway, Save a Star Today! By not hanging all over them or staring at them. You probably wouldn't like it if everybody did that to you. At least not after the 5,000th time.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:26 AM

Blarg,

I agree with your point completely, which is exactly why I didn't go up to him or ask for a picture or anything because yeah, if I were him I wouldn't want some jackass coming up to me either.

That still doesn't answer how the [censored] do I figure out who he is?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should've walked up to him and said:
"Oh hey man, I love your show."

Obviously, being the conversation fish that he is he would say:
"Yeah, being a football commentator for Fox has really helped the career of me, James Brown."

That way you would've known who he was by entrapping him. After this, it should be cake to take the rest of his stack by life rivering him (rolling him up in a carpet and throwing him off a bridge)

[/ QUOTE ]

Started off good, but petered out. From this post and others, I think you may have greatness in you if you can keep a solid throughline while avoiding the temptation to diverge into being a jackass.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A real akward situation occurs when the guy you recognize but don't know ends up standing near you and has the look of "why aren't you on my nuts? I'm famous!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met Schwarzenegger a jillion times at that bookstore, and he was ALL about this. I mean ALL. Everyone who worked there had the exact same experience with him.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A real akward situation occurs when the guy you recognize but don't know ends up standing near you and has the look of "why aren't you on my nuts? I'm famous!"

[/ QUOTE ]

easily solved by acting like the guy behind the guy behind the guy who doesn't give a [censored] who he's standing next to.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo,

Why do I care? I didn't really care, but it was really [censored] bothering me that I knew the guy from someplace and couldn't remember where. Kind of like when you think of a song, and remember that it was a really good song, but can't remember the title, who sang it or how it went.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you try to recall a song, do you stare at a guy, or walk around him if he turns away so you can still peer into his face? Or point at him and whisper to people?

Not saying you do. Just wondering.