Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Collusion? discraceful dumping chips at bubble by J. Be Good

[ QUOTE ]
You are completely wrong with your assertions. And please don't call people pathetic without fulling understanding their position. First, there are people that just don't get that even if they have 72o they should be calling when it's only a few chips more. Second, there are people who just don't pay that close attention and automatically click fold because they see ANY raise. Third, there are people who click the fold button immediately when dealt a bad hand and don't manage to uncheck it even with the small raise. And fourth, there is definitely a strategy involving folding this type of hand in order to keep the small stack alive. This is a very good strategy around the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2006, 02:53 AM

Fifth, if it's 1 chip more to me and I have 345986098534 BB on the bubble, the theoretically proper play is to fold regardless and the only reason to call is to end the tournament faster/be 'courteous' to everyone else.

Well, this theoretical time, I feel like being courteous to the button so I fold.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are completely wrong with your assertions. And please don't call people pathetic without fulling understanding their position. First, there are people that just don't get that even if they have 72o they should be calling when it's only a few chips more. Second, there are people who just don't pay that close attention and automatically click fold because they see ANY raise. Third, there are people who click the fold button immediately when dealt a bad hand and don't manage to uncheck it even with the small raise. And fourth, there is definitely a strategy involving folding this type of hand in order to keep the small stack alive. This is a very good strategy around the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you fully understood the situation the OP was describing? Or Maybe I didn't. But if it wasn't a misclick it was clear collusion, or clearly terrible play.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fifth, if it's 1 chip more to me and I have 345986098534 BB on the bubble, the theoretically proper play is to fold regardless and the only reason to call is to end the tournament faster/be 'courteous' to everyone else.

Well, this theoretical time, I feel like being courteous to the button so I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just wrong (and not in the ethical sense)
Old 03-30-2006, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you fully understood the situation the OP was describing? Or Maybe I didn't. But if it wasn't a misclick it was clear collusion, or clearly terrible play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I click the check/fold button ALL the time when I'm playing, and would probably be clicking it every single hand if I had a huge stack in a satellite like this..how could that be collusion?
Old 03-30-2006, 02:58 AM

no one said it was a satelite, did they?

and isn't this .. the definition of softplaying?

its a 3 rebuy on Pokerstars, on the internet. misclick, he doesn't know what he is doing, etc.

Yeah, I overexagerrated. Change that to 'equal' because your chance to qualify starts with 99.99% either way and it doesn't really matter what you do, but personally, I would have sat out ten minutes ago.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a sat, 'seat to 1M tournament'

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was clearly stated by the OP.

it's at the edge of a satellite bubble where you are 100% guaranteed in, if that wasn't clear to you apathy.

if it was - why is that a bad play? looks to me like it has absolutely 0 effect on your ev.