Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Time to kill Iranians

Is anyone besides the true believers buying this war with Iran crap?

Bush does not want peace, dont buy the rhetoric. He wants war with Iran at ANY cost.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/3/30/7721/23513

Bluff this: what Iran does to xistans does not effect me in anyway. It is not an excuse to start a holy war.

I think you should volunteer for service in Iran you chicken hawk.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bush does not want peace, dont buy the rhetoric. He wants war with Iran at ANY cost.

Bluff this: what Iran does to xistans does not effect me in anyway. It is not an excuse to start a holy war.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to what Iran's theocracy does to non-Muslims, Iran is helping kill Americans in Iraq via their support of foreign fighters and their supplying them with "shaped explosives."

Long before the Iraq war, Iran supported anti-Western terrorism (as well as anti-Israel terrorism).

Iran's government has long been at war with us; it's time we faced that fact. The Iranian theocratic-thugocratic regime needs to go--before they get a nuclear weapon, not after. We cannot afford the risk of the Terror Masters of the Middle East supplying nukes to terrorists. We need to take out Iran's air defenses and all of their nuclear installations, but first we should somehow strongly suggest to the Iranian people that if they don't replace the mullahs themselves, that is exactly what is going to happen. Maybe they will then rise to the occasion, if they are forewarned, seeing as there are huge (mostly young professional) blocs of Iranians who hate the mullahs and their rule.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The overriding point was that this doesn't translate similarly to the general populace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say that's true. So what? Does that mean we just have to accept the consequences of Iran acquiring nukes and all the might stem from that because in order to stop them innocent civilians will be killed? Of course it does you say. The US and western nations' innocent civilians might be killed instead, but no way that isn't better than innocent Iranians who won't take the risks to overthrow a government they supposedly don't agree with.

I think I'll just let the catch-22 be on them and not us.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:58 PM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,

Young Iranians are the X-factor that you don't hear about much anymore.

Bush's propaganda war against Iran is creating solidarity amongst the young secularists and the Islamists, harming our interests, imo.

The whole Iran is arming Iraqi insurgents thing is probably 99 percent government propaganda to inflame Americans against Iran, it is hard to tell. It is our fault that the Shias in Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia are linking up anyway. It is something the post WW1 partitioning was meant to prevent.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The overriding point was that this doesn't translate similarly to the general populace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say that's true. So what? Does that mean we just have to accept the consequences of Iran acquiring nukes and all the might stem from that because in order to stop them innocent civilians will be killed? Of course it does you say. The US and western nations' innocent civilians might be killed instead, but no way that isn't better than innocent Iranians who won't take the risks to overthrow a government they supposedly don't agree with.

I think I'll just let the catch-22 be on them and not us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I just think it means we need to fight a smarter war (in case you're wondering, this means I do support a war with Iran). The potential for utilizing the desire of the populace to be free from their current government should not be squandered.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:38 PM

Theirs is a desire that cannot be effectively utilized in the time frame involved unless they are willing to right now risk their lives in an attempt to overthrow the government before the west and Israel has to act to prevent them from acquiring nukes. The key point here is that Iran cannot be allowed to acquire nukes and we must take effective action to prevent it. So the time to act for the Iranian dissenters is now, or unfortunately many of them will die anyway.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:39 AM

let me make sure i have this beautiful logic right, because someone isn't willing to die in an attempt to overthrow their government it's okay to kill them?

what exactly makes you think you are capable of deciding that one group of human lives is worth more than another?
Old 03-31-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to what Iran's theocracy does to non-Muslims, Iran is helping kill Americans in Iraq via their support of foreign fighters and their supplying them with "shaped explosives."

Long before the Iraq war, Iran supported anti-Western terrorism (as well as anti-Israel terrorism).

Iran's government has long been at war with us; it's time we faced that fact. The Iranian theocratic-thugocratic regime needs to go--before they get a nuclear weapon, not after. We cannot afford the risk of the Terror Masters of the Middle East supplying nukes to terrorists. We need to take out Iran's air defenses and all of their nuclear installations, but first we should somehow strongly suggest to the Iranian people that if they don't replace the mullahs themselves, that is exactly what is going to happen. Maybe they will then rise to the occasion, if they are forewarned, seeing as there are huge (mostly young professional) blocs of Iranians who hate the mullahs and their rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Iran were to dismantle its nuke programs you still want to take them out?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:24 AM

Default I say bullsh*t

[ QUOTE ]
Iran is helping kill Americans in Iraq via their support of foreign fighters and their supplying them with "shaped explosives."

[/ QUOTE ] Another one in a series of lies put out by an increasingly desperate American administration, i.e. that the Iraqi insurgents are supported by "outside forces" such as Syria or Iran. Why should we believe the folks that brought us the "evidence" of uranium from Niger or vials with mysterious white liquids on the UN floor?

And aren't you the poster who used to claim that the insurgents are "mostly outsiders" themselves? That was a good one, I gotta say. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Iran has supported anti-Israel organisations. Where and in what capacity has Iran attacked the West, as you so shamelessly claim?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Precisely the opposite is happening : The United States has been at war with the Iranian people since 1953, the year the CIA's plot overthrew the country's democratically elected and nationalist prime minister, and proceeded to put the deposed Shah back on his throne, to assist the persecution of all secular, leftist, nationalist opposition, and to engage the help of the relgiour Right to their purposes. Yes, the Khomeinis were nourished by the CIA's favorite rulers in the region! All because the Khomeinis were equally bent on killing leftists, ie "infidels"!

You have some nerve accusing the Iranians to be "at war with America" when they have suffered the tortures of hell because of short-sighted American foreign policy.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:47 AM

The Iranians are fu**** crazy. Just look how they fought off Iraq in the 1980's using their human wave attacks. They took civilian "volunteers" by the 100,000's and had them run at the Iraqui front lines until the Iraquis ran out of bullets. Each human wave was followed by the Iranian Army who were able to push back the bulletless Iraquis. This happened repeadedly until over 1 million Iranian civilians were killed. One of the last human waves used were children mostly 8-12 yaers of age. Each child was given a copy of the Koran and a plastic key to wear around their neck. They were told this was the key to heaven then sent them on their way toward the Iraqui front lines where they were all killed.

Any government who does this to their own civilians deserves to be destroyed. I say we strike a deal with Russia and China. We wipe out the Iranian military and let Russia and China split the Iranain oil fields. We get rid of a sh** hole of a country and make Russia and China happy in the process.