Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Re: I have a maniac table image!

and vulture... look at my first post before you make another attack at me. thanks. im going to lunch with my boss, be back at 1.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
his LAG image made other tablemates lose respect for his raise. once your PFR does not allow you to steal blinds in 6-max, then it is time to find a better table. 6max is all about stealing blinds, and stealing small pots with cbets. IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry but this is just wrong. People dont have respect for your PFR is not a bad thing. Hero just need to adjust accordingly. Saying he should leave the table, where he has set up a perfect situation for him take some more big pots is just ludicrous. Would you tell him to move up in stakes because the donks at his current stakes dont respect his raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

your comment makes no sense to what i said and is a pure combative arguement that isnt based on anything that came from my post.
his ability to take big pots based on his current image depends on his ability to play post flop. OP states his big stack became thin, implying his post flop play was subpar and thus -EV.

get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes OP lost a lot of his profits because he did not adjust to the table. Once your pre-flop raises and continuation bets are getting called it is absolutely not the time to leave a table unless you are also cold-decked. Instead it is time to play solid conservative poker, i.e. try and hit a decent hand and get full value for it. Once your raises at a table (yes even 6 max) are not getting respect then your edge becomes very big. To leave then is stupid and very -EV!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your comment makes no sense to what i said and is a pure combative arguement that isnt based on anything that came from my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does. If Im miconstruing your position, please correct me. You are advocating he get up because the rest of the table lost respect for his PFR. Not much different than saying he should move up in stakes because people dont respect his raises. As for being combative, well, welcome to the Internet is all I can say. I didnt see my statement as all that combative and it wasnt intended to be. I just dont feel the need to beat around the bush in regards to my thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
his ability to take big pots based on his current image depends on his ability to play post flop. OP states his big stack became thin, implying his post flop play was subpar and thus -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said his stack grew thin but there are many reasons why this could be. Im not going to assume that he sucks at postflop play based on this statement alone. Sure if he thought that the situation was -EV at that point, he should get up. I dont think it was, but I'll concede that there is a small chance it might have been.

[ QUOTE ]
get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill get over myself when you grow some thicker skin. Deal?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
become loose preflop and rock postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to get some more explanation to this, since to my knowledge amoeba usually knows what he's talking about. Does bocoming loose mean raising even more or limping more?

My logic says that if I raise with hand like QTs, and suddenly people start calling that all the time, their hands are not better than usually. On average they are worse than the ones I would normally face, since I have no respect.

Stating that my post-flop sucks based on maybe 50 hands on one table is - hmmmm - interesting As I told, my flops just stopped hitting, and the most obvious problem was that I couldn't get those continuation folded by opponents, so missed flops had no normal value even HU. Other adjustments that should be done, I'm unaware of.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:40 PM

Loose/tight is in regards to hand selection. With a big stack its nice to see flops with speculative hands, especially in position. By being a rock postflop, dont get involved without a strong hand. Obviously at this point you shouldve made less CBs, esp where you whiffed the flop. You dont have to do anything special to get paid off at this point because of your image. Just flop a strong hand amd people will be falling all over themselves to get in the pot with you.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:49 PM

Bit of a newbie but I would think that you should stay at the table. If you switch from being very loose to tight it means that when you've got the big hands people won't believe you and throw money at you. I'd only leave if playing tight really wasn't your style.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:51 PM

I agree. People "pay" a lot of money just to create this image and this is a time to clean up. Cbets and blind steals win you small pots...a maniac image lets you stack people. Stop the cbets/steals or just do it once in a while and show trash to maintain the image while you wait for the monster. Just a golden opportunity.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:11 PM

vulture, my first post stated that he could easily make money if he adjusted his game. the thing is, he didnt adjust his game and his stack was suffering due to this. and so, due to the lack knowledge on how to play with such an image cost him half of his stack, his best move at that point in time was to leave the table.

i enjoy playing with the image that i could possibliy be raising with any 2cards. this does create a +ev situation, and handled CORRECTLY, can lead to you running over the table. i do not disagree with you, and i actually said this in my first post. (if you havent already checked that is)

your anology of my advice to leave the table and for me to advise OP to move up stakes does not make any sense. i suggested OP move tables because at that point in time his inability to adjust to his image was -EV for him. moving up in stakes because people do not respect his PFR at that table really has no bearing in this arguement. please enlighten me in how you believe my advice to leave the table equates to me giving advice to move up stakes. i would love to hear it.

im from NJ, i have thicker skin then you probably imagine.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:18 PM

I have no desire to continue this particular subthread beyond this post. Maybe I made a bad analogy. Its not really important and maybe I shouldnt have included it in my post. But I really think that telling him the mistake he made was staying at the table. Ive stated why. Like I said, maybe the poster was in a -EV situation, but I really dont think so. He might not have maximized his EV in this particular context, but I doubt the situation is suddenly
-EV. So please accept my apologies, I wasnt trying to be insulting.

[ QUOTE ]
im from NJ, i have thicker skin then you probably imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exit? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I spent some time growing up in Colts Neck and Asbury Park.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:19 PM

Playa, he was just being sarcastic when he said move up.

Seems you both agree he shouldn't move tables and should adjust in what is now a profitable situation, specifically tightening up post flop without the goods.