Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Can I fold this?

Why in the world would you open limp from the cutoff? I'm sure you have your reasons, but from my perspective this is horrible. If you want to open limp on the button, I still don't like it, but I can live with it.

As the hand played out I probably wouldn't fold. Somebody probably has an Eight. Since it's a blind with an Eight he can have a Deuce kicker or a Queen. Take into consideration the overplayed Jacks, a straight draw, or some other garbage with your big stack I call and play accordingly.

Bruce
Old 03-26-2006, 04:52 PM

Think you have to let this go - when SB CRs an amount inducing a call after the action behind goes bet/raise there's not much you beat here. A limped pot w/ this action wouldn't be a good spot for him to test your collective resolve - he's telling you he has at least an 8. Since Steve quoted HOH, I'll refer you to SS (original) pages 501-502 - when to lay down trips - seems like Doyle had hands like this hand in mind. The caveat of course is the quality of your opponent, but unless both are confirmed donks I give one credit for having me outkicked. If ones of thems put a play on me then I'll say: "NH, Sir" and get the money later.

For those advocating a call, what's the plan when you don't spike the 7 and the action is bet 4-5k ... ? The water's gonna keep getting warmer and it looks like you'll boil before you jump out.

HC
Old 03-26-2006, 05:27 PM

This is a very, very clear *call*.

He has an 8 and it's probably, but not certainly, better than yours, but there's a good chance you will be splitting the pot on the turn and the off chance he is a moron with a jack/82o that's going to underbet it.

If the next card is an A-7 (or an 8, heh) I think you go on. If it's low I think you can fold to a real bet.

Most of the time, when the board is something like 88JTK and he is still betting real fractions of the pot instead of 1/6 of it, you're folding the river.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:15 PM

I completely misread this hand (it was late, after a 5 hour multitabling session).

I thought, it was only BillyLex in the hand. Things do change with betnothing in here. Wow, this is tough.

I am calling, b/c I have the odds (immediate and implied) to draw to 3 outs. I think you can fold to push on the turn (which is coming a lot of the time), but I hate that too.

How about we just spike a 7.