Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Stupid 2+2er!

[ QUOTE ]
im still taking this to like 15 bets

[/ QUOTE ]

He said his read is that the player is good and probably a 2+2er. How many bets are u going if your villian and have kq or 88?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

QQ, KQ and 88 are really the only possible hands from villian if he is not a moron and not on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

im still taking this to like 15 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only about a 10 BB mistake. Fortunately, it doesn't come up very often or you would be BUSTO quite quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

results are awsome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually first saw the hand in MHUSH w/o results and said that without a cap calling was best and with the four bet cap it was close, but I preferred calling looking at it detached. At the table I would probably cap here, because the adrenaline would likely prevent me from analyzing the hand quickly enough.

But a fifth bet from the BB in an uncapped pot means you're toast or he's on superdonkeytilt.

Edit: But yes results are awesome and I'd be a much better player if I could knew them before a hand was finished. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

QQ, KQ and 88 are really the only possible hands from villian if he is not a moron and not on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

im still taking this to like 15 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only about a 10 BB mistake. Fortunately, it doesn't come up very often or you would be BUSTO quite quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

results are awsome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually first saw the hand in MHUSH w/o results and said that without a cap calling was best and with the four bet cap it was close, but I preferred calling looking at it detached. At the table I would probably cap here, because the adrenaline would likely prevent me from analyzing the hand quickly enough.

But a fifth bet from the BB in an uncapped pot means you're toast or he's on superdonkeytilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't gonna respond with theory here, but this is just too much.

Look, you HAVE to raise once more. There are two ways for villain to have KQ, one way to have QQ. Even if we totally disregard the chance for 88, there's still no doubt he'd play KQ this way.

For you to NOT reraise, you'd have to be beat over 1/3 of the time. You beat KQ, so it's a breakeven proposition. Now, throw in the 88 possibility (even if it's 0.01%), then reraising becomes correct.

15 bets is too much, though.

Josh
Old 03-24-2006, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there's still no doubt he'd play KQ this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

While KQ is a plausible hand, I do have my doubts that he would play preflop and flop this way with KQ. Some players might 3-bet KQo in the BB against an UTG raise, but most wouldn't. Some would just check-call the flop, but most wouldn't. Or at least that is my experience. And I don't think KQ is 5-betting if given the chance. It's hard to say exactly b/c the turn action would be different without the cap as well.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He said his read is that the player is good and probably a 2+2er. How many bets are u going if your villian and have kq or 88?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would take KQ to many bets as well.

a "good" player doesnt mean a good player. i dont know how good the OP is, what the stakes were or have a direct read on the villan. assuming its the games i play, barring a solid read of my own (like a real read, not just stats. many players w/ good looking stats are not very good at all.), i 15+ bet teh K's.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:22 AM

I play NL and i raise,reraise and go all in with the boat,that could only lose to quads.
I don't understand,how anybody could put him exactly on quads and not to go broke here.
This is just coward's poker.
You can't only wait for the stone cold nuts to attack.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would take KQ to many bets as well.

a "good" player doesnt mean a good player. i dont know how good the OP is, what the stakes were or have a direct read on the villan. assuming its the games i play, barring a solid read of my own (like a real read, not just stats. many players w/ good looking stats are not very good at all.), i 15+ bet teh K's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.. lots of players with ok stats can do completely moronic things, and its hard to have really good reads online. I still think going to 15bets here is absurd though.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
like a real read, not just stats. many players w/ good looking stats are not very good at all

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point. The OP in MHUSH said villain was "very good" which I took to include being able to read hands well in my analysis.

There's definitely people I would go tons of bets with there, but against a very good player, putting in that fourth bet is close (and maybe I am wrong is saying just call the third bet) but a sixth bet is wrong. However, very good players are not easy to find on Party Poker (at least at middle limits and below).
Old 03-24-2006, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play NL and i raise,reraise and go all in with the boat,that could only lose to quads.
I don't understand,how anybody could put him exactly on quads and not to go broke here.
This is just coward's poker.
You can't only wait for the stone cold nuts to attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

In limit your not making decisions for you whole stack. Your making decisions one bet at a time based on what u think the most profitable play is or has the most +ev. After a certain amount of bets here(with a read that your opponent is a good player) it gets less and less likely your ahead. At a certain point its no longer profitable to raise because your percentage chance of being ahead based on your opponents raise makes it unprofitable.

Edit- Let me know if im making any sense, as im semi drunk.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

However, very good players are not easy to find on Party Poker (at least at middle limits and below).

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i mean. i really dont give many people credit.