Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: i got sexied by a slovenian

You just called on the turn because you thought you were behind, then he checked to you on the river and he is a tricky player. So check it back. Check it back for sure especially if you are planning on folding to a raise.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:29 PM

Here is the thing: I bet when you bet the river, you knew that betting the river was wrong. Right? Tell the truth. It will be a good experience. When you bet the river, you only bet the river because you said to yourself "Well, I have top pair top kicker and he checked to me on the river so I have to bet." that is why you bet the river. Am I right? But in your gut, you knew that betting the river was wrong. You wanted to check the river, I bet. I will bet anything that you really wanted to check the river but you would have felt like a wimp if your hand was good and you didn't bet the river so you bet the river and then when you got check raised you wanted to show that you could still play good so you folded to the check-raise even though, I mean, all his play so far in this hand is consistent with another AK, especially the AK of clubs. 15 to 1 that he doesn't have that. I dunno. Am I right about all this? I mean I read your posts, I know you play good. Did you really, deep in your heart, feel that betting that river was a good bet? Did you really want to bet that river? Did you press bet feeling like it was a good bet? Were you happy when he checked the river and did you say to yourself, yes! Woo and you pressed bet happily? Or did you bet because you had top pair top kicker and you got checked ot on the river and that's what you do when you get checked to on the river on a not-scary board with top pair top kicker and you knew you shouldn't bet but you bet anyway and you knew that raise was coming and you went god damn it and you folded because you knew you shouldn't have bet in the first place? I like to think about these things, so I'm interested in knowing the answer.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:44 PM

Like these are the things to learn. Not what hands to I defend with in the big blind. But these things. Why did I bet the river when I knew not to. If that is really what happened. Or to know that it really did happen at all. Maybe I am the only person who has these things happen and everyone else gets more out of the strategy posts. But I read the strategy posts and more and more it is like, who cares, really? I defended my blinds a lot, I folded a lot. The win rate works out to be about the same. If I 3-bet here or call down, whatever, I induce bluffs or get folds, it works out to be pretty close to the same over time as long as I'm not doing something really wrong. Which things are important to learn to do? Get that extra 0.05 BB on the river by bet-folding or doing whatever in this one situation? Or like going hmm.. why did I bet there? If you play fifty million tables you never even notice what you did in the first place. Sorry guys I've been really thoughtful about this stuff lately, I'm in the wrong forum I guess. If I had such amazing insights I would be playing huge limits with everyone else I suppose. lol.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry guys I've been really thoughtful about this stuff lately, I'm in the wrong forum I guess. If I had such amazing insights I would be playing huge limits with everyone else I suppose. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rory, I for one am always glad to read your stream of concious posts. I'm starting to feel the same way about hands. Personally I'm starting to use timing tells quite a bit these days and you can't post a hand and say I folded partyl because everything was in tempo.

Krishan
Old 03-20-2006, 01:51 PM

Please get to know the return key. Sorry to be the forum police, but are you serious?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:58 PM

IŽd just check it back on the river. I wouldnŽt bet unless I was willing to pay off a raise.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:08 PM

assuming you guys are going hard at each other you played all streets up to the river perfect. the river bet is close. really depends on my read of him. i dont think the information you gave is enough for us to give a good reply. anyone who thinks they know the right move is full of it. this river bet is entirely based on past and future metagame. after he checkraises however theres no way you can fold.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like these are the things to learn. Not what hands to I defend with in the big blind. But these things. Why did I bet the river when I knew not to. If that is really what happened. Or to know that it really did happen at all. Maybe I am the only person who has these things happen and everyone else gets more out of the strategy posts. But I read the strategy posts and more and more it is like, who cares, really? I defended my blinds a lot, I folded a lot. The win rate works out to be about the same. If I 3-bet here or call down, whatever, I induce bluffs or get folds, it works out to be pretty close to the same over time as long as I'm not doing something really wrong. Which things are important to learn to do? Get that extra 0.05 BB on the river by bet-folding or doing whatever in this one situation? Or like going hmm.. why did I bet there? If you play fifty million tables you never even notice what you did in the first place. Sorry guys I've been really thoughtful about this stuff lately, I'm in the wrong forum I guess. If I had such amazing insights I would be playing huge limits with everyone else I suppose. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]This is pretty much why I've stopped posting strategy.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:17 PM

kurosh you act like youre above the fundamentals of the game. i know that your opinions are very cemented but there are many people who disagree with alot of things you think. i know where youre coming from that alot of your plays are read based and that is probably your strong point because i dont believe your fundamentals are where they should be, so it must be your reads that carry you. if you used these forums to work on fundamentals it would make you that much better a player. i wish this forum could help me work on reads the way it could help you work on fundamentals.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:49 PM

??? I don't know where you're getting any of this from. Why do you think my fundamentals are bad? When have I posted something you completely disagree with, besides my read based hands? Why do you think my opinions are cemented? I am constantly changing my style of play because I change my mind about something. Right now, I'm a lot tighter than I was a month or two ago.

Stox has looked at two of my videos now and thinks my play is very good, to the point that there isn't much to discuss about my videos.

Whenever a hand is posted here, the majority of the time people come to the same conclusions I do. There are some hands, like this one, where I disagree with everyone and I'm thoroughly convinced I'm right, but they are relatively rare. I don't think you realize how many hours I put into my own studying of the game outside of these forums.

My main problem is occasionally I lose control and start thinking I can outplay the entire table based on my reads. Also, I go on massive tilt a lot.