Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:55 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.
Default Re: Robbed at Gunpoint

This sucks, I have no idea what I would do in this situation. I'd hate to get into that car though.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:55 PM

WTF are you gonna do, shoot him first? If he wasn't planning on shooting you, just robbing you, and you pull a weapon, you're toast.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF are you gonna do, shoot him first? If he wasn't planning on shooting you, just robbing you, and you pull a weapon, you're toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd have a very strong argument for killing someone in self-defense anytime they pointed a gun at you, at least in some states.

Swede
Old 11-22-2005, 12:58 PM

Glad everything turned out OK. That said, post would've been funnier if title included the words "Trip Report". [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, sorry to hear about that. There is no way in hell i would ever get in the car. But I always carry protection, so I dont know what Id do if I was in your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would get shot.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I always carry protection, so I dont know what Id do if I was in your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell would putting a Trojan on help? He'd shoot you before you even unzipped your pants. If it were ribbed I could see how it would distract him possibly.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:01 PM

Run.

Assuming you're not in a position to be whacked by the mob, anybody who comes up to you and wants you to get in a car doesn't want to murder you on the street. They either want your money or they want to make a suit of clothing out of your skin. On the street, you're still in a relatively public place. Once you get in the car, you are totally at their mercy--they can take you to a secluded place and do whatever they want. Your chance of survival is much better if you run.

There's a good chance the police will catch these guys. If they're kidnapping college students and taking them to ATMs, they're not too bright.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, sorry to hear about that. There is no way in hell i would ever get in the car. But I always carry protection, so I dont know what Id do if I was in your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would get shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of people who get in the car dont come back anyway. I think its +EV to not get in the car...any which way you can. Im not some tough gung ho type, I would be scared shitless to get in the car, so I think id do something before they put me into it. I honestly think that if the guys just threw the wallet adn ran like mad, this would be the best play.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You would get shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of people who get in the car dont come back anyway. I think its +EV to not get in the car...any which way you can. Im not some tough gung ho type, I would be scared shitless to get in the car, so I think id do something before they put me into it. I honestly think that if the guys just threw the wallet adn ran like mad, this would be the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:05 PM

guids is right. Getting in the car is the wrong move. They have more control then, and more incentive to kill you at some later point.

The neglected fact was how deserted was the neighborhood around the bus stop.

At the early stages, it is easy for them to move on to the next victim if they sense that you are going to be a bother to them. Thats the same reason they suggest women scream and fuss when someone tries to abduct them. Once you are abducted, then you should not fight, but you can prevent that situation at the start of the incident when they still do not have real control over the situation.