Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Poker X factor site by Johnny Bax

[ QUOTE ]
seke,

I think that quiz was just random hands Mindwise played horribly. JohnnyBax is a ridiculously skilled MTT player, and sheets is the best Stars SNG player in the known universe.

Apparently, there is going to be a personal hand history replayer available to all members. Being able to animate my MTT HHs would be awesome. If they actually get that feature up and running, I will sign up immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know who Bax and Sheets are, I was wondering why the demo was filled with hands that seemed to be played in a fashion that I would never imagine. I watched their demo video with the hand discussions and found it to be pretty cool. Nothing earth-shattering for someone who knows what they're doing, but good stuff.

I'll be curious to see how the site evolves. Seems like a pretty expensive service, I don't know what they could be offering that is actually worth that much money over what you can get for free somewhere like 2+2.

The flash hand replayer is awesome and I do think I need to go change my pants now.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else try the demo sample quiz on there? Is it just me, or was the style of play they were seemingly advocating in that quiz kinda awful in spots?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was one hand where he mini-raised with 88 (I think) that I just hated.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mindwise is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that quiz sucked, it was made by the webmaster of the site not bax/sheets.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:39 PM

lol, after I took the quiz it said you play the opposite of mindwise. I think that means I aced the test.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:48 PM

LOL, I'm getting killed over that quiz. It was suppose to just show the technology -- I guess I should have been more careful to pick the hands. ;-)

I'm (obviously) not a professional player. I do well enough but like a lot of players want to do even better.

The hand replayer will be available for subscribers late next week. Quizes with Bax and Sheets will be available in 10 days or so.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I'm getting killed over that quiz. It was suppose to just show the technology -- I guess I should have been more careful to pick the hands. ;-)

I'm (obviously) not a professional player. I do well enough but like a lot of players want to do even better.

The hand replayer will be available for subscribers late next week. Quizes with Bax and Sheets will be available in 10 days or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

The technology was great.

Your play was entertaining. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2006, 04:27 PM

I do not want this to turn into anything approaching an advertisement but just to answer some questions, we are currently putting up content. The quizzes and stuff are really for entertainement value only while we are getting your streaming videos and lectures,which are going up on an almost daily basis....we are going to have sngs, mtts, side lectures...pretty much everything....and before i REALLY turn this into an ad, ur best source to get info is actually from a conf call we held a week ago, which u can access from the home page of www.pokerxfactor.com

sheets
Old 03-19-2006, 04:56 PM

The truth is......
Eric (Sheets) Haber is a great player and excellent in his analysis. BUT, Cliff (Johnnybax) Josephy, while a very good player should not be teaching. He basically just kind of announces the hands like a commentator or says nothing. His videos are horrible to watch, almost painful. He has no analysis of hands or explanations of what is going on other than the obvious. He just calls out his hands ( you can see them anyway) and calls out others hands as they show. He'll get better, maybe.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:54 PM

I think that your comments about the videos done by Bax are as assinine as can be. To each his own, but you are way off base. His videos are incredibly insightful and full of great observations and analysis.

To say one of the best online poker players should not be teaching is ridiculous. He has a great personality and touch of humor that makes the videos very entertaining, while being incredibly helpful in understanding the way to be succesful.

All in all that site is probably the best training site on the entire web as you get insightful content and analysis from two of the best.

Are you a member of the site or did you just watch some of the demo stuff?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To say one of the best online poker players should not be teaching is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
No it's not.

Disclaimer: Have not seen any of the videos in question.