Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Mini-trip report

Our 80 skillion dollar touch screen LCD system has not been hooked up yet(with only 48 hours how could they have managed to do that, especially knowing about it months in advance?)

The shufflers are great, my hands don't hurt at all. <3

TVs everywhere, nice big sharp TVs with great reception and legible images, it really kicks ass.

They compensated for the absence of tables by putting the tables as close together as physically possible. There are certain tables where the dealer can not get out until a player leaves his chair. =\

I really like the felt and gagster uniforms, way better.

The low ceilings are nice and cozy and by the foyer they open up to a 50'(guess) glass ceiling thing, really nice at night time. It makes the room feel less garage like

Still have windows, which is good. I called for seats 10 billion times and finally would just ask random people if they wanted to play, some of them were actually looking for that seat, go figure.

2-4 and 1-3 stud will have 53k badge numbers/new dealers so misdeals are probably that.

Still lots of chaos but once you were seated at a table you were fine.

I met LoosenUp, he folded a lot and tabled J9s, nh.

Fun stuff.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:33 AM

Are you saying you hadn't seen it before now? Wow.

I'll be there when I get back from vegas. how is it possible to be more cramped? Please tell me there's more room at 10/20... please....
Old 03-20-2006, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Hello... to Foxwoods New Poker Room

I didn't bother with Saturday - and normally wouldn't bother with a weekend at all except I wanted to see the new room in all it's glory.

WAY more comfy - WAY more dismal. HOWEVER for the career player, there's more tables, and yhey spread the popular game of the day - so you $$ is in great volume. I sat at the $1/2 NL as I didn't wanna chance the $5/5 on a weekend - and I think they spread nearly 20tables or more of $1/2. Of course I have no actual number - but I opened my table with a full list at 9am and I heard table after table open.

The only 2 downfalls I could find were food and dealers.

Dealers = NEW dealers aren't bad - but we had the WORSTE in our rotation. One guy named Guang - HORRIBLE - couldn't count pots.

#2 was food. They killed the food at the tables. You gotta leave and eat lunch/dinner. This will short hand tables all day - it's HORRIBLE.

Ah well - I made some money - I'll go back a few times this week and get a better handle.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WAY more comfy - WAY more dismal. HOWEVER for the career player, there's more tables, and yhey spread the popular game of the day - so you $$ is in great volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this sentence?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WAY more comfy - WAY more dismal. HOWEVER for the career player, there's more tables, and yhey spread the popular game of the day - so you $$ is in great volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this sentence?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll break it down for you in pieces.

If you play poker for money - as in a career - there are more tables, which means more players, which means more money. The popular game of the day is whatever is being lined up for - if it's $1/2 NL or $10/20 stud - they'll spread as many games as they have people waiting.

That means as a career player - the $ (that's money) in the room is there in greater volume. There's simply more money being thrown around.

Get it?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:46 PM

It didn't make sense to me either, and now that you've broken it down it doesn't make any sense.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me there's more room at 10/20... please....

[/ QUOTE ]

It's far more cramped than before.

I thought I picked a better seat than most on Saturday in terms of the getting-bumped-into X-factor since I sit far back from the table, but... I got bumped into every few minutes.

In general, the room is absolutely less comfortable in terms of walking around, getting by tables, getting to your table, etc. etc.

Overall, people were not pleased, especially as tables were seldom 10-handed as you always had someone(s) at the bathroom ... getting a snack ... walking even further away in order to be able to smoke ... etc etc.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:17 PM

Visited the New Poker Room on Sunday afternoon, thought the look of the place was nice, but still a lot of problems. I was seated at a 5-10 hold em game near the doors, anytime someone left, people would feel a strong breeze. The bathrooms near the restaurant had only one urinal and one stall, which will cause problems later. I agree about the tightness of space, it was tough to manuever around, especially for the drink ladies(who almost non exsistent). The restaurant was okay, it was great to have tv up that showed the list, and no long lines like the last place, and a better selection of food. Sitting areas were nice for wives and girlfriends, as some people actually fell asleep in some of the chairs. The Sit n Go was very annoying as you could barely hear the person inside because of all the outer noise. The High Limit basically sucked, if i am playing High Limit i don't want to be situated right in front of the cashier's cage, and it's just roped off, no different than the other tables. I think that Foxwoods hurried this room in time for the Foxwoods Classic, and i believe never asked the public how they can make it better.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It didn't make sense to me either, and now that you've broken it down it doesn't make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

What doesn't make sense?
Old 03-20-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What doesn't make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, how about this phrase for starters:

"WAY more comfy - WAY more dismal."