Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 12:39 AM

Default Re: I\'m so SICK of USA losing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one is glad that we lost so that Japan moves on?

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest reason I am upset about the U.S. losing is that my extra tickets basically just lost all value. I am probably just going to donate them. Other than that, though, the US played bad and did not deserve to win.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we now know which Mod was trying to sell his tickets...
Old 03-17-2006, 12:56 AM

hauchen,

[ QUOTE ]
But to lose in baseball. That is just plain embarrassing.

I just wish there were more players that care about their god damned national pride.

that's all

[/ QUOTE ]

play this thing in August and we would see a complete different team from the Americans and a complete different dance through the brackets and into the title.

care about national pride? the only reason they are even playing in this retarded thing before a grueling 162 games schedule till' October is b/c of pride. many don't even want to be their b/c this is actually the time in which they are supposed to be getting ready for their season and getting their at bats, guys like Teixeira who have now had basically no ab's and has handicapped himself and put him well behind the rest of his teammates and players in the league.

these guys are coming into this thing out of shape and are basically trying to get their timing back during the tourny while most of the other teams have been either playing winter ball or have been together for the last half year. let these guys play winter ball and then come into this thing and see what happens. i think you are heavily underestimating many aspects about baseball or maybe you were unaware of these aspects, i am not sure but i have an idea.

the ONLY reason they played this was pride, so you really need to think about the whole picture before lecturing about something that you don't really know about.

~td
Old 03-17-2006, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a great thing, no doubt. But don't pretend like this says something about the teams other than, say, we've got about 8 equal teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you worry, JoA. The majority of baseball analysts understand statistics very well and will attribute this to variance.

On a related note, Scott Podsednik just knows how to play the game.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a great thing, no doubt. But don't pretend like this says something about the teams other than, say, we've got about 8 equal teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you worry, JoA. The majority of baseball analysts understand statistics very well and will attribute this to variance.

On a related note, Scott Podsednik just knows how to play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

David Eckstein is quite tenacious as well.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

play this thing in August and we would see a complete different team from the Americans and a complete different dance through the brackets and into the title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you guarantee this? Thought not.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David Eckstein is quite tenacious as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you mean David Hustle-hoff.

He's gritty!

(note: I do actually LIKE David Eckstein.)
Old 03-17-2006, 02:14 AM

Im glad we lost cause we had so many damn minorities playing for us. God obviously does not want a team of mongrels to win. Bring baseball back to its pure days and the US will once again reign supreme!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:30 AM

MoreWhine,

[ QUOTE ]
Can you guarantee this? Thought not.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i can guarantee there will be a complete different team in August than in March. pitchers are still on pitch counts right now and trying to find the feel of breaking pitches since they have only been really throwing small sides until just before the tourny. the hitters timing is well off as they haven't faced live hitting since October, this is why in spring training when you show up the hitters always look like crap for the first month, b/c they are no where near ready...no matter how much BP they have taken, its not the same.

so yes, i can 100% guarantee that the Americans would be a totally and completely different team in August than in March.

~td
Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 AM

First of all I wasn't lecturing anyone about anything. that was a frustrated post. if anyone is lecturing it's you and you don't know nearly enough to do that so please don't, thx.

I feel that the Americans did not play their heart out as, say, the Koreans did. Now I acknolwedge the fact that Koreans are in their midseason form (?) and the Americans are obviously in pre/early spring training form. But I feel that the Americans should have wanted the title badly enough to get ready for it in the offseason. Offseason conditioning is not hard to ask for professional atheletes.

I know the scheduling was uncertain and all that but the US could have been more ready. They should know how badly it will look if the US loses in baseball.

High variance yada yada for all I know most of the posters here can't wait for US to lose

F that
Old 03-17-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I feel that the Americans should have wanted the title badly enough to get ready for it in the offseason. Offseason conditioning is not hard to ask for professional atheletes.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are conditioning in the offseason but this has zero to do with game application and yes i do have enough knowledge to say this. they are lifting and running and pitchers start playing catch mid to end of december, sometimes beginning of january, and start with small sides after their arm strength is finally built back up in lat feb or so. are you asking a pitcher to stay in game pitching shape year around? haha, everyone would be hurt. as for the hitters, they lift etc., and hit pretty much for most of the offseason but once again this has nothing to do with hitting gamespeed, yet another reason for a long spring training. hitters need day after day facing gamespeed pitching to get back to form. this tourny is before any of this.

the season is already brutal as is, give me a break about "is it too much to ask for them to get ready for this in the offseason." you play for 7 months and spend 3 months getting ready for it and you want to tack on more time for some meaningless tourny? haha, yes i said it...this tourny is meaningless.

you wonder why just about everyone is baseball hates this thing.

~td