Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: A post about why we\'re all winners (but im still a loser)

hey i'd rather make 50 to 75k a year at 3/6 or 5/10 4 to 6 tabling rather than over expose my bankroll and play much tougher competition at 10/20 playing 1 or 2 tables just for the sake of saying i play at higher limits.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:15 PM

I play mostly mostly in the 10/20 6max games, I ran 3.4bb/100 over about 120-130k hands, my last 70k hands are breakeven. I study the game to the max, or try atleast..
Old 03-15-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

First lets say you reach the river on a board that you’ve been betting the whole way but the turn and river have made it nasty, so you play it safe and check. Unfortunately your opponent checks behind with a hand he would have called one more bet with, down to 3.5. Now a few hands later, lets say your facing a river bet with the pot laying you 8.5 to 1. You decide the odds aren’t there on your hand and fold, but in fact you were incorrect and the odds your opponent was bluffing or worse than you was in fact 7 to 1, you lose another 1.5 down to 2BB/100. Lastly let’s say your facing a river raise on a pot that’s 11 to 1 and estimate the odds your opponent would bluff raise you here are 10 to 1 and call. Boom, your down to your 1BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all fractional mistakes, even the value bet. In limit poker, you have to seriously screw up (overcalling with 3 high on the river) to make a full 1 BB mistake.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:44 PM

Exactly redbeard, not to mention winning builds confidence pretty much regardless of limit (okay, winning at 1 cent 2 cent probably doens't have me swelling with pride, u get the idea.)

Well, what do people here figure the best 10/20 multi tabler online today makes in BB/100 over the long run then?