Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: My first month-Stats

[ QUOTE ]

(3) I don't protect my BB verse steal attempts enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I defend less than you do.

Krishan
Old 11-14-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying not only am I continuation betting too much,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

[ QUOTE ]
but am playing my made hands too aggressively on the flop, correct? I should be waiting for the turn or river to get that raise in, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's more in line with what I'm thinking. often times you will have a choice on the flop when your last to act and an aggressive player has bet. You can do call-call-call/raise or you can go to war right there. I think you're choosing to go to war too often. A lot of times you'll get more value from letting you opponent bluff at the pot even when you have a strong hand. Note that you can still use this move out of position as well but you need to be more selective on who you use it on because you don't have the option to bet it yourself.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:41 PM

ty leader [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....this makes perfect sense to me.
My background of SS full-ring leads me to be much more aggressive to make the pot heads-up or 3-way. At 6max, I'm already there, so I shouldn't be trying as hard to knock out/ make crappy draws pay.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:48 PM

as asked for
Old 11-14-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ty leader [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....this makes perfect sense to me.
My background of SS full-ring leads me to be much more aggressive to make the pot heads-up or 3-way. At 6max, I'm already there, so I shouldn't be trying as hard to knock out/ make crappy draws pay.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the same problem I had when I first started 6m. You just have to remember that, especially as you move up, players in 6m are a different kind of bad post flop then full players generally are. Full players tend to be too passive post flop. 6m players tend to be way too aggressive. That will be even truer when you play at 3/6. Where turn bluff raises and people that will just bet nothing to the river every time are common. The style most full players have is very aggressive, and it should be. People are calling down with crap, but in 6m those people are betting with crap the best counter strategy to a bluff is a call when you have a hand. They want to fire 3 barrels when they're drawing to 2 outs. That's great. Let them. That’s far better for us then raising the flop and having them fold on the turn. This isn’t just a good strategy against LAGs BTW. Over aggressive TAGs will keep betting there low PP or KQ on an A-high board too.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:15 PM

I havent played thsoe levels in almost a year but as you move up you will need to def tone down your flop aggression more and c/r more. Maybe its fine where you are i have no idea. I remember my game took a big step when i started trying to figure how to c/r more.

Decide when you want to face people wtih two cold versus keep people in start making your bets have specific purposes behind them beyond just ammouncing to the table "hey I have two cards--I'm betting again."
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 AM

You guys freaking rock. Played an uber-session today and it went very, very well. I feel as though a door has been opened. Many thanks
Old 11-15-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be defending out of BB and SB a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it worth it at these small stakes where the rake is killer?
Old 01-30-2006, 06:34 PM

Some time has gone on and I've made quite a few adjustments with the same decent results (My results would be better if I didn't insist on playing 5+ tables all the time). Here's what's up now.
[image]http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd4/73528/6maxupdate2pt2.bmp[/image]
[image]http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd4/73528/6maxupdate2pt3.bmp[/image]
[image]http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd4/73528/6maxupdate2pt4.bmp[/image]
[image]http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd4/73528/6maxupdate2pt1.bmp[/image]

My thoughts are that I need to look for more spots to check-raise. Also, I need to learn when to call down with ace high.