Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Should I report these guys?

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it is collusion. They can steal all your defenseless blinds if they want. They can play really fast so that they get as much as possible before you reconnect. But they crossed the line when they discussed it and agreed to further speed up the process by not playing out the hands against each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm the first to scream collusion, but this is not.

he is responsible for his own internet connection/stability. the chat did not refer to cheating at poker.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:15 PM

Granny, i'm not sure if you understood the facts right.

When i disconnect from VC i cannot observe the chat dialog that was typed while i was disconnected since there are no hand histories.

So my guess is that:
1) when i got disconnected they typed in something like "lets take turns on his blinds" and "ok"
2) i was reconnected, but player A did not realize that
3) player A typed in between hands "Its your turn now" "hehehee"

There is only one way to know for sure that did they make somekind of a deal and that is to ask for the chat dialog that was done while i was disconnected from VC. But if there was somekind of a deal that might lead to somesort of measures from VC against the fishes.

If the events went as i guess, dont you think that is colluding?

If they made somesort of a deal when i was gone, i'm pretty sure that it's against the rules.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So my guess is that:

[/ QUOTE ]

1) The guy saw you come back.
2) He thought it was funny that you had so little left (was it the less than 1 BB table or the 4 BB table?)
3) Said "it is your turn now hehe"
4) I am pretty sure 2 people can keep track of when it is a persons turn to steal the blind without typing reminders to each other.
5) I would be embarassed to report this.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Granny, i'm not sure if you understood the facts right.

When i disconnect from VC i cannot observe the chat dialog that was typed while i was disconnected since there are no hand histories.

So my guess is that:
1) when i got disconnected they typed in something like "lets take turns on his blinds" and "ok"
2) i was reconnected, but player A did not realize that
3) player A typed in between hands "Its your turn now" "hehehee"

There is only one way to know for sure that did they make somekind of a deal and that is to ask for the chat dialog that was done while i was disconnected from VC. But if there was somekind of a deal that might lead to somesort of measures from VC against the fishes.

If they made somesort of a deal when i was gone, i'm pretty sure that it's against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are the same facts as you first listed. And there is nothing about this that smells even remotely wrong.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, no.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So my guess is that:

[/ QUOTE ]

1) The guy saw you come back.
2) He thought it was funny that you had so little left (was it the less than 1 BB table or the 4 BB table?)
3) Said "it is your turn now hehe"
4) I am pretty sure 2 people can keep track of when it is a persons turn to steal the blind without typing reminders to each other.
5) I would be embarassed to report this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the 4 bb table.

now that you put it that way, your scenario does seem just as likely as mine (if not even more).

and to number 5: Even if they did make some sort of a deal, it would feel rather silly to report something that concerns 11 usd.

So i'm letting it go. I guess it was just easier to be mad to those guys than to my internet operator.

thank you all for the imput.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then i will have to most respecktfully disagree with you. But as i posted previously i't really does not matter here, cause the amount in question was so small, they might have not done a deal in the first place and one should be nice to fish.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:47 PM

If they colluded against you when you were live, you'd have a complaint, but it's pretty standard practice to wipe out a disconnected Bubble Boy. Once you return, they should play against you normally. In fact, you should assume they were stealing your blinds and take advantage of the fact when you return. Sometimes you can rebuild your stack with a well placed ambush.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do understand that these guys would have gotten my blinds anyway since I was disconnected. But if they make a deal to take turns on my blinds, does that constitute collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is collusion. They can steal all your defenseless blinds if they want. They can play really fast so that they get as much as possible before you reconnect. But they crossed the line when they discussed it and agreed to further speed up the process by not playing out the hands against each other.

Will the site do anything? I doubt it. Do you want the fish punished for doing something minor that they may not even realize is wrong? IMO not really.

Prety sporting of the guy on your right if you think about it. He acts last 2/3 of the time including your all-important BB posting. That's a massive advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Stellar, it's collusion, but against fish, I would just let it go. If you report it though, I wouldn't view you as a dick at all. And you have every right to report it.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seemed to have eliminated the possibility that they weren't being serious, and the comment was made with a wink and a nudge. They'd both probably been raising fairly frequently to steal your blinds and take advantage of your misfortune, and were aware that the other was too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is by far the most likely scenario, and it's not collusion at all.

"Hehe" = joke = "I recognize that we've been pretty much exclusively stealing this poor bastards blind, with no hand whatsoever."

If he really wanted to tell the other guy it was his turn at the blind, the most he'd probably say is "your turn" without the accompanying mirth (and if they were alternating, it'd be pretty unecessary for him to say it anyway).