Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: TPGK 3 bet pot

I definitely raise the flop for value and information. Therefore i fold to a 3bet.

Other than that, he either has a set/boat or a worse TP.
If he'd 4bet AK pf.

Btw:
We have to 3bet preflop, we cant cold call. If we cold call, all other players will get goods odds to call and we play a pot OOP with a bad multi way hand.
Other than that, AQ is a strong enough hand to 3bet.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, how do I even get that? When as I was at the table with him he came off as a loose idiot so I really dont think his range is nearly as tight as everyone else does. Trying not to be too results oriented but I ended up losing but not to anything that anyone here thinks. Up until the river I was fairly confident I was ahead and I was only pissed off when it made other Aces chop with me. My read was off about what he had but I was right that he is definitely looser than his stats suggest.

[/ QUOTE ]

what did he have?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM

Yea I 3 bet for that reason, if I was the btn I would consider cold calling. I gotta be honest, I HATE raising here for info though. So I make it 27 or so, have 1/2 my stack in the middle and then fold to a shove? That seems gross to me.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:20 PM

raise folding this flop is a terrible idea, just shove the turn
Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 PM

See that is honestly what I was thinking after the hand was over. I flat flop for a number of reasons but I dont think after flatting the turn Im getting anymore money from small pocket pairs or whatever. An ace probably is calling though, I felt like I really should have just shoved turn.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely raise the flop for value and information. Therefore i fold to a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying to raise the flop and then fold to a push??? Thats a horrible line imo.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ is a strong enough hand to 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain has PFR of 6 and is UTG, so let's say they are a little tigher UTG than 6%, espcially since VPIP of 30 probably means they don't mind limping from early position. Their UTG raising range might be something like AQo+, AJs+ and JJ+. That's a range of 4.5% of hands. Against that range, AQo has only 35% equity. So I don't know if AQ is strong enough to 3bet. After villain doesn't 4-bet and we remove AA and KK from their range, going to the flop, hero still only has 40% equity. So based on these numbers, I don't like 3bet, and I might even fold this PF from HJ. I think Doyle says he never plays AQ (which obv isn't true, but I think this is the type of situation he doesn't like playing it) because it is the hand that has lost him the most money.

On the flop, Hero has 56% equity, but when villain bets out and then bets turn, their range is pretty much AJs+, AQo+, and hero is behind this range. It is a hard spot to fold, but villain doesn't seem very worried about you having AK, so it's hard to see them playing the hand this way with AJ or AQ.

But I think if you call the turn, you have to call the river.