Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Tunica Horseshoe Pot-Limit Omaha

Liquid, the NL and PL games in Tunica play deep as the buy in is not capped. You'll often see people playing 1/2 NLH with $1k plus behind (most buy in for $200 to $400). I've never seen the 2/5 PLO game at Gold Strike, but I bet if you buy in for $500 you'll be the shortest stack at the table by far.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 2/5 PLO game that I watch has people sitting routinely with 2k-3k behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I figured as much. I only go to Tunica at tournament time and I have never played the 2/5, but in the 5/10 I will usually buy in for about $2.5K and NOT be one of the big stacks. That is why I put in the part about "if you need to buy in higher". If the average stack at the table is $1.5K you need to buy in that much or you will be at a big disadvantage.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the average stack at the table is $1.5K you need to buy in that much or you will be at a big disadvantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong
Old 03-09-2006, 06:08 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the average stack at the table is $1.5K you need to buy in that much or you will be at a big disadvantage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Beset is right. This is the most common misconception in big bet poker. The big stacks need to worry about the small stacks, not the other way around. Big stacks can only win what you have in front of you but you can double up a couple of times and run.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:26 AM

Maybe "disadvantage" was the wrong word. I consider it a disadvantage when I could have doubled thru to $3K and only doubled thru to $1K. Probably a poor choice of words. But you are both right, it is not really a "disadvantage".