Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Donnie Darko

[ QUOTE ]

I usually don't like "we've had this thread already" posts, but this one is so true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered about this, maybe you can help me out TME....

Would you really rather have him bump up one of those old posts or would you rather he start a new discussion? Just seems like a discussion is more likely to spark again if he starts a new one.

I'm not fighting for it either way but i have always wondered what peoples thoughts were...
Old 03-07-2006, 02:56 AM

*spoiler alert?*

honestly, I wasn't looking for a 'who's seen it and do you like it thread.' I was kinf of looking to see what everyone thought of the ending and the whole time traveling-bubbles coming out of everyone's chest thing.

Also, the last shot of his girlfriend waving to his mother after he got wrecked by the turbine engine. What's up with that?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I usually don't like "we've had this thread already" posts, but this one is so true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered about this, maybe you can help me out TME....

Would you really rather have him bump up one of those old posts or would you rather he start a new discussion? Just seems like a discussion is more likely to spark again if he starts a new one.

I'm not fighting for it either way but i have always wondered what peoples thoughts were...

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, repeating threads don't bother me unless it's something like "what kind of car do you drive" where everyone is going to give the same answer they gave the first time. In that case just read the old thread. I just remarked at this one because PJN's comment was so accurate it made me laugh.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:06 AM

I dig. Just trying to get some responses to the weird questions that probe my mind while reading OOT sometimes.

Also, your edit gets an A+.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*spoiler alert?*

honestly, I wasn't looking for a 'who's seen it and do you like it thread.' I was kinf of looking to see what everyone thought of the ending and the whole time traveling-bubbles coming out of everyone's chest thing.

Also, the last shot of his girlfriend waving to his mother after he got wrecked by the turbine engine. What's up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Effin' brilliant, every frame.

They don't know each other anymore, since Donnie changed the past.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:53 AM

After I watched it I was confused so I just googled "explain Donnie Darko ending" and all the answers magically appeared.
answers
Old 03-07-2006, 05:48 AM

Spoilers...

Someone posted an explaination of the ending that I will read after this post, but here is what I recall. Most of the story takes place in a tangent universe, an offshoot, which occurs when Frank saves Donnies life by waking him up and taking him out of the house before the stray jet hits. Everything in the tangent universe to some degree acts towards closing it, guiding Donnie back to that place and making sur ehe dies. He finally follows through on this when he realises that in the tangent universe the events lead to his girl friend dying. So he sacrifices himself for her to live.

The bubbles pertruding from people's chest I took to be a manifestation of fate, since the bubbles moved ahead of the person.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...drinking.....I THINK I loved it....it was definitely a well made movie

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it's possible to have "beer googles" for a movie. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 03-07-2006, 06:51 AM

I saw this high and it was almost as great as the first time I ever got high....when a friend asked...You wanna watch this flick my dad rented called Apocolypse Now?
Uhh...sounds pretty cool. Ok.

Me going to film school and moving to LA and working for an Ari Gold wannabe all started there lol.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:15 PM

i think if a thread is a few months old, then it's ok to start a new one instead of bumping the old one

it's when there is a similiar thread in the past week that starting a new one shouldn't be done