Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: $26 90 man SNG - 3 handed vs GIGANTIC STACK

In your OP, you asked if you should shove hands from the button "knowing he would call with ATC." Then you say that you wanted to limp AK so maximize your chances of getting more money into the pot.

Obviously these two statements contradict each other.

Also, consider that if you've been tight lately and push AK and he folds, it's not terrible to show the AK. This will hopefully reinforce the image the other have of you that you're only playing premium hands and it may help your ability to push in future orbits.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 PM

My reasoning does contradict itself, clearly, since I was still playing this while posting, the dynamics changed a little bit. While he was super aggressive PF, i think my read on him was wrong from the start as it was unfounded. Of the 10 hands in a row that he was raising PF, we never played back at him once. He could have had 6 or 7 hands he was willing to rip with, I never got to find out. So to say he was calling with ATC was just an assumption i deducted thru his wildman image he was building. I actually have no idea what his range was once we got 3 handed. So in that sense, since my read was wrong from the start you are correct, and showing the AK prob makes my opponent think I am only playing premiums.

Quick question though, is limping in that spot completely wrong all the time, or just this time? And if he were to snap call with 22 and flop came Axx or Kxx, wouldn't the limp have worked perfectly? I see why it would be wrong, but I also see why it would be 100% correct with the logic of building a pot with what is most likely a very strong hand.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Nothing's typically completely wrong all the time... reads, dynamics, stack sizes, history, tournament type, how drunk you are, and lots of other stuff all factor in. So we can only make our best recommendations based on what we know from what you tell us in the post.

Now, if you had limp-folded many times and you thought the big-stack knew that and would take advantage of it, then maybe limping there would be more EV+ than pushing.

But in general, not pushing there with under 10 BBs is a mistake.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has folded K-J on button to standard raise from big stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious how you know this.