Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: 1/2: 3bet pot, OESD oop

First, I thought crai was the right decision but the arguments against it which are stated above are clearly valid and reasonable. betting out is only profitable if small PPs make up a large part of villain's range which is usually not the case. Anyone who will call a 3bet w/ 33 will most likely do so w/ high cards as well and will therefore hit this flop often enough to make a c-bet unprofitable. Checking and hoping villain will check, too, basically means giving up a lot of equity because I am just hoping villain won't bluff and I will hit my draw - and I probably won't get any further value from those hands villain might be checking on the flop (except QQ maybe, which is unlikely anyway).

That said, I've got absolutely no idea what the correct play is...
Old 11-14-2007, 11:12 AM

I think I'd check/call. On the turn I'd check/fold if he bet the flop and I'd check/call if he didn't. I might also think about leading on the turn except our line looks pretty dodgy and the lead has the same problems as the flop lead...

Sometimes you are just stuck OOP in a crappy spot and have to play a hand passively, I think that is the best plan here.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 PM

yea, also we're all assuming villain is just gonna shove flop. he'll sometimes just flat call the flop lead and put us in a really awkward spot on the turn.

I'm really not sold on this hand either way since I think there are some valid arguments for both betting and checking. not surprising that hands like this get skipped over since no one wants to look stupid