Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: NL25: KK overpair and flush draw on a monotone flop

The minraise is very strange, a draw would bet more to get some FE and a set would bet more because of the drawy board.

Your draw is probably no good as Villain probably wont put in any more money unless he got the a of diamond.

If you call he will bet no matter what since all of the draws...

Id actually opt for reraising him by about 2/3rds pot and folding to a shove, ends the hand right there and doesnt put you in a tough spot if a 4th diamond hits and he keeps betting...

edit: nvm misread stacksizes, just reraise him to pot and get it all in. Also bet the pot on the flop.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: NL25: KK overpair and flush draw on a monotone flop

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you betting less then 1/2 pot on the flop? It looks weak and some players will raise you because you're clearly scared. So his handrange may be much larger then you give him credit for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should have bet more on the flop, but I really doubt this guys is putting a move on me with two players still behind.

I decided to shove. I figured calling was not a good choice because if I call I'm only getting action from three hands on the turn; sets, flushes and the Ad and I have no idea where I stand no matter what hits. He called and had the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so I doubt my line would have really mattered, the money was probably going in anyway.