Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Isolation play but you play SB and put me on a hand.

The hand was not a set. I do not slow play sets. In fact I consider myself super aggressive. Probably too aggressive (which I'm working on).

However, if you put me on a set then my river bet was okay.

Here are the hands, SB had KQo and called my river bet.

I had QTo and bluffed the river. I do not think it was bad to 3 bet UTG and get him heads up and in position, especially given UTG's range. It turned out I was right and he had 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. But then again is this too loose in this situation? Also, the red flag went up when the unknown SB called me.

I guess from what Yourface (first couple of replies) said I should have thrown in a raise on the flop or turn to actually make my river bluff believable???? This is why I wanted you guys to put me on a hand.

I guess I played post flop really poorly. But because SB called 3 cold preflop, I put the brakes on and played passively. I just called the flop and river since I figured I was drawing to my Q or T (at the time I did not know my Q outs were bad, figured maybe SB had a small PP) and drawing to the gutshot on the turn, which is why I did not put in a raise.

Is my river bluff bad in this situation given the pot size was 10 BBs? I just dont see how SB could call my river bet with K high in this hand, unless like I said I biffed the flop and turn and it made my river bet fake.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 PM

the pot may be 10BBs but there is no side pot at all. you're not going to bluff out someone who is all in, and even if he is a maniac he will have a pair+ pretty often here esp with the ace on the turn

the overlay you would need for your bet to be correct would be
- UTG has a worse hand than queen high
- SB has KQ or QT and will fold

I don't think that it is enough to bet
Old 11-12-2007, 01:11 PM

The good thing with this move is : sb is unlikely to call us, because with no side pot, he has to beat utg and btn.

QTo is too weak to raise pf imo. Position don't help because he's will be all in and your edge agaisnt his range is tiny. Moreover you are in bad shape if a blind caps.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is my river bluff bad in this situation given the pot size was 10 BBs? I just dont see how SB could call my river bet with K high in this hand, unless like I said I biffed the flop and turn and it made my river bet fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring whether or not you have the maniac and his any two cards beat, I think the river bluff is bad since you played it precisely in the only way that Villain could justify a K-high calldown. If you had an overpair, you would have played faster. If you had a J, you would have played faster. If you had an A, you would have probably played faster since the pot is huge and there's a fd and two broadways on board. Either you have a monster or air.

If I was going to take a real shot at this pot, I would have raised the flop. It's unlikely sb would call a flop raise without a real piece of the board since it's very likely the flop is going to cap-town. Everything plays different from there.