Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: 0.25/0.50 AK unimproved with position

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 14.4/7.5/2.2 with a 50% WtSD over 200 hands, I consider him a muppet, yet he isn't as bad as some others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the hell this means. It sounds derogatory, but the guys stats look good. Is he playing the BOTTOM 14% of the deck or something?

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop on the off chance that he folds, and he might give me a free card on the turn. Standard? Call a 3-bet? Then what about the turn bet, I catch a lot more outs here, but apparently he doesn't want to fold, and I might well be behind here. A checkraise would be ugly. Checking behind is better, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop, what does he fold that you want him to fold? What hand doesn't fold that gives you a free turn card that you want a free card from? If he 3-bets, how many outs do you give yourself, what are your hand odds, what are your pot odds, should you call? Should you EVER raise/fold the flop at .25/.50?

On the turn, why would a check-raise be ugly? What are you going to do if you check behind and he bets into you on a blank river?

Nice hand. You caught one of your 4 flop outs like a champ. Next time you want to post a hand like this, BBV is up under "General Poker Discussion".
Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 AM

I'd just call the flop...
Old 11-11-2007, 07:22 AM

wow this guy is awful. haha. i hope he's a 2+2er
Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 AM

Turn I bet too as played. Flop is the questionable street IMO. He is very nitty pf, so his range here is pretty slim and you are in bad shape agaisnt it. I just call the flop and fold turn unless I hit something good.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what the hell this means. It sounds derogatory, but the guys stats look good. Is he playing the BOTTOM 14% of the deck or something?

On the flop, what does he fold that you want him to fold? What hand doesn't fold that gives you a free turn card that you want a free card from? If he 3-bets, how many outs do you give yourself, what are your hand odds, what are your pot odds, should you call? Should you EVER raise/fold the flop at .25/.50?

On the turn, why would a check-raise be ugly? What are you going to do if you check behind and he bets into you on a blank river?

Nice hand. You caught one of your 4 flop outs like a champ. Next time you want to post a hand like this, BBV is up under "General Poker Discussion".

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaah, 2p2, where the buttclowns come out to play at night. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] For the meaning of "muppet" check urbandictionary.com.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn I bet too as played. Flop is the questionable street IMO. He is very nitty pf, so his range here is pretty slim and you are in bad shape agaisnt it. I just call the flop and fold turn unless I hit something good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am starting to wonder if I really need to think about the flop raise. So he is raising 7.5% of his hands overall, if you adjust that to 5.5% due to his raise from EP, this is still a range of 88+,ATs+,KQs,AKo. Against that my AK is still close to even money, and I might fold out 88-TT and a some more hands that missed this flop. Probably not against this guy though, but against someone with a more reasonable WtSD (sample size, I know) this should be ok. As said before, my turn bet was bad, but this flop is a standard raise for me. On a sidenote, I probably call a 3-bet and fold the turn UI.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
88+,ATs+,KQs,AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not his range after the flop bet.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
88+,ATs+,KQs,AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not his range after the flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, it's probably 88-AA/K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]/AJ. I am still even money against that range, so it doesn't change anything.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:24 AM

you're even money against a range where the worst hand he can have has 11 outs against you?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 11-11-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the meaning of "muppet" check urbandictionary.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I wasn't clear...I know what "muppet" means, it just doesn't have any significance when used in reference to a villan for whom the remainder of your description looks like he's a solid, if perhaps a tad too tight, TAG.

[ QUOTE ]
where the buttclowns come out to play at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. How'd you know what I was thinking as I read your OP?