Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Wow... did you guys see this?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
I actually thought that it was historically proven that Jesus, the man, *did* exist. His actions, beyond being your average rebel, can not be proven, though.

That reminded me of a funny clip from Family Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is really no contemporary (dating from the time Jesus is actually believed to have lived) evidence that he existed, and it's pretty certain that a lot of events described in the gospels did not happen. However, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. My personal opinion is that the stories about Jesus probably derived from a real person, but much exaggeration and embellishment, and quite a bit of outright fabrication got into the gospels.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the idea that an elite group of international bankers (disproportionately JEwish) being behind every act of government aggression is again missing the point.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think zeitgeist is an anti-semtic movie or anything of that nature. The put some effort into debunking the Jewish faith as well.

Also, I am not sure if the movie makes the allegation that these bankers are behind absolutely everything of governmental mischief. It's just that they are behind many of the larger ones and that the government has a history of presenting false flags to the American public.

I don't really get the point of you presenting that quote. This movie seems to address the hypothetical ruling elite who are hypothetically running the show and the real pawns who are doing all the destruction.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My personal opinion is that the stories about Jesus probably derived from a real person, but much exaggeration and embellishment, and quite a bit of outright fabrication got into the gospels.

[/ QUOTE ]
To me, this is the bible in a nutshell.