Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Bluffing

Just bet the flop. You aren't repping anything here. What hand checks this flop and then 3 bets this turn?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:24 AM

doesnt matter what hero's repping, it's not like villain has a bluff catcher and he has no room to make moves.

this could be ok, if you didin't have A high i wouldn't like it, or if you had a smaller kicker.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:33 AM

Yea I know I'm not repping anything, but like US says I didn't think it mattered much

Wtf is he representing?

Edited for misreading post above
Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yea I know I'm not repping anything, but like US says I didn't think it mattered much

Wtf is he representing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares, he's probably an idiot and probably isn't folding. His raise also doesn't look like a bluff raise, he raised more than pot which looks to me more like straight value than a bluff.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wtf is he representing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares, he's probably an idiot and probably isn't folding. His raise also doesn't look like a bluff raise, he raised more than pot which looks to me more like straight value than a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

well lets not get too far into betsizing tells, but the kind of person who might check a set here doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would raise over pot when he gets some action.

does anyone think a c/c c/c (or poss c/eval) might be more likely to show a profit than shoving?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean this would incline you to try and show it down maybe? I think that will be quite tough after his turn raise

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm def push/folding the turn, but i think he has a draw q. a bit and i want to be able to beat every draw in his range. (except pr+fd obv, but i think he'd be more inclined to just call the turn.)

if he's decent i think he has you beat though because his line sucks with a draw/bluff and he looks FOS
Old 11-06-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no, i'm def push/folding the turn, but i think he has a draw q. a bit and i want to be able to beat every draw in his range. (except pr+fd obv, but i think he'd be more inclined to just call the turn.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is aggro enough to semibluff with a flush draw on the turn then I would expect him to be aggro enough to just bluff at this flop ip after being check to. There are just too many things that don't add up to villain being fos here imo. This combined with his raise size make this look a lot more like a slowplayed two pair/set or maybe 34 turning a straight.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 AM

Grunch.

First immediate thought, when an aggressive villian slows down, he often has a big hand... An aggressive villian is usually looking for a multitude of ways to steal pots. If you check the flop to him, and he checks behind, I actually find this to be indicative of a ton of strength. I would expect him to bet anytime anyone shows weakness in a HU pot.

Also when he raises putting in 1/3rd of his stack, I'd also be a little worried that he has a hand he might commit with.

If the villian seems competent then let's look at this hand through his eyes.

I'll play the role of the villian:

Hmm... Getting raised by this guy again BvB... I 3-bet him last time, so let's just see a flop with my reasonable hand and see how he handles himself.

Interesting, he just checked the flop... well I'll check behind (my weak hand, or my monster).

Now he bets? On the deuce? Well he seems like a solid player, I think he would c-bet with almost anything. Not sure why he checked the flop. If he had a T or any pair, I think he would have bet the flop (including 22). So the deuce doesn't help him. I think he bets TT+ here all day long. I think he would have bet out 78, 5x, 6x, Tx, and 34 (though I don't think he'd raise with 34). The only 5x, 6x hands he's probably have would be A5 and A6, 56 maybe, but I still think he leads with two pair here (he's a solid opp) if he did manage to raise with 56.

I can't see any hand that he has here. Time for a raise.

Let's make it tough. 5x raise sounds good.

All in?

Train of thought one: I just don't see him having any hand here at all. *His line isn't consistent with how he plays big hands*. My hand (monster or weak pair) is good. I call.

Train of thought two: Crap, I don't have anything... I have to fold.

--- end of villian's thoughts ---

My main point here is, if I've been paying attention to you, you haven't repped anything credible. Unless you are playing tricky suddenly (checking a set to me), you don't appear to have much (if any) of a hand.

Now if you have been normally check-raising sets, then I might have cause for alarm. As the villian I'd have to go off my reads on how you play your bigger hands.

I might look you up here with as little as 77-99, any ten if my read told me you don't slow play your big hands. And if you showed up with a big hand, I'd have to adjust my notes to indicate you changed up your play and that you are going to be a tough opponent. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As usual it comes down to it depends. Do you think your villian is paying attention? Have you played a big pot and shown how you play monsters?

A double barrel might be a better bluff here than this line. Your villian will probably float you with a lot of stuff for a flop bet, but fold to a turn bet.

If you were called (and lost), obviously you will need to play a monster hand against this villian almost identically.

If you won, you will also need to play a monster hand against this villian almost identically because he may feel bluffed out of the pot, and may look you up next time.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:59 AM

I think you need a better read than "he seems competent and 3-bet me once". I can't stand this because when he calls we are almost always drawing dead or to a hopeful 3-outs. It's just one of those "i have a hunch" lousy reads that I regularly lose alot of money with. We have ace-high and villain is going nuts, I just pass here.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is aggro enough to semibluff with a flush draw on the turn then I would expect him to be aggro enough to just bluff at this flop ip after being check to. There are just too many things that don't add up to villain being fos here imo. This combined with his raise size make this look a lot more like a slowplayed two pair/set or maybe 34 turning a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, if villain is decent this will prob be bad