Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: wtf river c/r

[ QUOTE ]
oink while i'm with you a lot of the time, vs. a guy like tryp i'll sometimes no fastplay a draw because basically i'm putting in 2bb's and then c/f'ing the river when i miss because on that board he folds pretty much nothing to my c/r.

I would fastplay 45 on a K23 more often than 67 on this board.

This is opponent specific imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trypta opened in HJ. For some reason I thought he was thinking about the hand with trypta on a steal. MY BAD!

I agree with danza then. A good player should realize that semibluffing a draw there is gonna be hella expensive and cost 3 barrels almost everytime.

I am gonna change my answer to: I think you can fold this and I dont mind the 2nd barrel to fold out gutters
Old 11-05-2007, 05:00 PM

hm, that is a good point about not semi bluffing draws on the flop, due to my position. I was not expecting the c/r at all. I ruled out JT because that would either c/r the flop or fold to my turn bet. Same for 76 or most pairs. As soon as I ruled out the hands he should be repping, I just threw in the wtf call.

[censored], now I need to go look up the actual HH, cuz I'm only pretty sure I was HJ, maybe it was CO.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:11 PM

I snap call here as well as value bet the river.

Agressive players rarely balance their c/c, c/c, c/? lines with strong hands.. Its pretty much always a weak made hand (bottom pair or ace high)..

He COULD be calling up to the river with JT because you're preflop range is strong.. However a check/raise in that spot is pretty bad, since you are checking behind a significant portion of your range.

Why not bet to rep a pair and 3-bet??? c/r is pretty bad in his spot... I often justifiy river calls like this as "well, he made a retarded cehck/raise and lost value against me anyway"
Old 11-05-2007, 05:19 PM

u also bet turn heis?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:36 PM

yes... too many gutshots that may fold for one bet

btw J9 would be literally the worst hand in my range that im value betting here...
Old 11-05-2007, 06:16 PM

The thing about the 5 is that your betting range doesn't really change, you'll bet weak hands (no pair hands) both for value and to take down a pot because the board paired. That reaction, from him, will get him to call again because he assumes he as at least 4 outs (well 3 he doesn't know you have clubs) and as many as ten.

If you bet the turn again and the turn was a 6 or 7 i would expect himt o fold 9T/JT about 100%.

The difference between his play in HJ vs. CO isn't as important as the last pot he's played with not only you, but anyone else.

And heis I agree it's pretty bottom of the range for value betting, debate checking. Though I am really happy he folds here because then our hand looks like AQ more than J9, makes other pots easier to play. There's a reason he's peeling so light vs. us.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 AM

i'd probably check behind the river if i had trypt's image (solid, tight winner) and was playing well. The villain will prob 3b most PPs pf, and he can easily get away from A-hi on this river card.

I would also bet the turn bc on this board I think there are plenty of gutshots that c/c the flop and c/f the turn. 96, 97, 74 come to mind.