Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: How Do I Extract the Most Value Here?

[ QUOTE ]
He's not gonna bluff-raise at a high enough frequency for us to bet small and pray to get raised. He limp/called on the button, he's not gonna all of a sudden get tricky with QJhh or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this bad? I raise weak looking donk bets pretty much with ATC and it works really well.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's not gonna bluff-raise at a high enough frequency for us to bet small and pray to get raised. He limp/called on the button, he's not gonna all of a sudden get tricky with QJhh or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this bad? I raise weak looking donk bets pretty much with ATC and it works really well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you also aren't open limping on the button. If this was against a solid 2+2-type, then yeah bet small. But this guy seems bad, so valuetown him.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:07 PM

Micro what are you talking about him hitting his range? I think you're forgetting theres only 1 King and 2 Nines left. If you mean his range is a flush draw then I dont know how you came to that conclusion. The most he could be on is a gut shot. He misses this flop flat out 95% of the time with my holding, so wouldnt I be best to check down to the river and hope he hits something that he can call 2 on the river with?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:08 PM

Dude, no. Why would you wanna do that?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:30 PM

Just bet 2 like you would any other time. You're not going to make money unless he does something stupid anyway. He might call with 2 spades, or a pp thinking you missed. The point is that if you slowplay, you might get a tad more once in a while, but you'll get his stack other times. And you'll get his stack anyway if he calls with a pp that hits.

Betting 1 hoping for a raise is bad too. Villain will read your monster for what it is when you (re)raise either the flop or turn. Heck, betting full pot is 70% as likely to induce a bluff raise from villains who like reverse tells and will be much more profitable.