Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Two pair on drawy flop

[ QUOTE ]
Because Im a maniac, I would rather just talk about post flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]
nobody would come in this situation with a standart tag style.
I dont think this is yours is the right style at nl25, especially if you dont know how to play this postflop.

i dont like a call here because there almost is no turncard that would be nice for you and you give him great odds for his oesd or fd.
You could just raise but with the right 3bet size that wouldnt give anyone any odds you are allin AND you have much fe.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:31 PM

I had a nit on my left so I wasnt worried about him seeing alot of flops against me in position. And micro, thats exactly why this usually works out, because people with our stats dont do this. Its very different from my standard range obviously in other positions so it works. As far as the hand goes, is just pushing that bad? He probably could do this with a draw or overpair also couldnt he?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:54 PM

The problem with calling here that I felt at the time was that about 1/2 the deck is bad for me. I would have to dodge that many cards to make any type of move on the turn.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a nit on my left so I wasnt worried about him seeing alot of flops against me in position. And micro, thats exactly why this usually works out, because people with our stats dont do this. Its very different from my standard range obviously in other positions so it works. As far as the hand goes, is just pushing that bad? He probably could do this with a draw or overpair also couldnt he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - you should always change things up to keep others on their toes. My favorite cash pro - Rizen, says that he changes how he plays depending on the texture of the table. That sounds like what you did. Yes, he COULD do this with a draw or an overpair, but why would you gamble? It is better to control the pot size in a situation like this. By calling, you are saying, "Hey, I have a hand this time." By doing that, you might get him to think, "Hmm, does he have a hand this time?" And he might be less likely to bet big on turn and river. Then again, if he does bet big, it would be a chance for you to re-evaluate your hand and see if you want to continue with it. You might hit a card that helps you. But there is really no reason to gamble with a push at this point.