Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: 33 in $5.50

[ QUOTE ]
I never ever play a set weak - not kidding at all. It's only a set for gosh sakes!

Looks harmless NOW - but the a diamonds hits and then another diamond?

A 4 and then a 6?

What if he has 77 and a 7 hits!

you are doing battle for an almost meaningless amount of chips very very early in a tournament. you push and he MIGHT go with you. Or you wait and MAYBE something bad happens.

The key is not to win chips at this point - it's to survive and let others take their bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such such bad advice. What if a bomb hit's my computer and blows me up? Stupid what ifs are meaningless, math and hand ranges are what's relevant. And we are crushing his range for a huge pot. arrrrrrrrrrrrrr in
Old 11-02-2007, 03:42 PM

You could raise more on the flop but as played its fine on a super dry board. Ignore Webster here Shoveing to pick up the pot uncontested is throwing away an awful lot of Equity. Turn is always a call readless in a $5 SNG with a set.

You do not a read on villian here?? He has nearly doubled his stack in the first level.
How did he do this ??
If you do not know then you are not been observent enough.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:28 PM

I probally reraise a little more on flop to set up a shove on the turn ,if it was a more drawy board that would be another reason to re raise more , but in this situation i do it to hopefully get my stack in on the turn . I dont think pushing over with your whole stack in this situation is right on the flop. Get it all in on the turn. Well from the looks villian did the job for u on the turn. Now i break my mouse hitting the call button.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:43 PM

Villain probably has 2 diamonds, although AK would make a lot of sense also, as he'd probably reraise you on the flop if he had a made set. If he did actually set over set you, well just chalk it up as a painful but rare event that happens to us all every now and then.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:48 AM

Thanks for all the advice. Anyway i called and he showed Q5 to double me up. Turned out to be one of the worst players ever. Went out on another bluff 5 hands later.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:15 AM

Can I just say how disappointed I am that no one suggested a fistpump or a holler of "YAHOOOOOOOOOO" before calling? These are the only valid reasons for not instacalling the shove.