Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 03:59 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker Installs KB/mouse hooks, and infects your files

Eh, probably not. It was probably your AV or Spyware scan firing up.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:23 AM

Why not just title your post "How to Cheat at Party Poker and Get Away With It"?

I'm sure you've added several more colluders and multi accounters to the Party Poker player base and helped some cheaters who didn't know any better to hide their AIM conversations and screen scrapers.

Congratulations.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:27 AM

Don't be a shill.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just title your post "How to Cheat at Party Poker and Get Away With It"?

I'm sure you've added several more colluders and multi accounters to the Party Poker player base and helped some cheaters who didn't know any better to hide their AIM conversations and screen scrapers.

Congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think they would be allowed to use any info from a IM conversation.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poor cheaters are going to get caught anyways. The good ones will already have thought of things like this. For the rest of us who care about privacy, the OP has given some very helpful advice.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the rest of us who care about privacy, the OP has given some very helpful advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have no right to privacy while playing at Party Poker. You electronically signed a document allowing then to examine your running processes. Besides, what do you have to hide? Only cheaters and the paranoid would care about the Party Client seeing their running processes. It's not like they're tapping your phone, reading your email or examining your financial records. They're simply looking at your running processes and mouse movements.

[ QUOTE ]
The poor cheaters are going to get caught anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. Anything that makes it harder for cheaters/colluders to get caught is bad. Anything that gives people the idea that they can cheat without consequences or risk is really bad.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the rest of us who care about privacy, the OP has given some very helpful advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have no right to privacy while playing at Party Poker. You electronically signed a document allowing then to examine your running processes. Besides, what do you have to hide? Only cheaters and the paranoid would care about the Party Client seeing their running processes. It's not like they're tapping your phone, reading your email or examining your financial records. They're simply looking at your running processes and mouse movements.

[ QUOTE ]
The poor cheaters are going to get caught anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. Anything that makes it harder for cheaters/colluders to get caught is bad. Anything that gives people the idea that they can cheat without consequences or risk is really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. it still amazes me that after all that goes on people need their "privacy" from PP that badly.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:56 AM

If you think that it hooks because of a Temp\80.tmp file it creates, you are mistaken. This creates a false alarm in a few AV/AntiMalWare problems. There were a few large threads about it earlier this year.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, what do you have to hide? Only cheaters and the paranoid would care about the Party Client seeing their running processes. It's not like they're tapping your phone, reading your email or examining your financial records. They're simply looking at your running processes and mouse movements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really trust an offshore and unregulated gambling site (with a history of screwing over their customers and business partners) to never find alternative uses for the data they pull down? You are telling me that they would never sell any of the information they find to another outfit if it would turn them a quick buck? Come on.

Just because I have 'nothing to hide' does not mean I should leave it exposed to the rest of the world.

-K
Old 03-06-2006, 09:20 AM

I trust them 100% to not sell my data.

What precisely are they going to take? Go snooping through my documents for sensitive business files? Read someone's diary or emails? Have a look at your illegal MP3 collection and notify RIAA? Get my bank details and steal money? Party Poker aren't idiots, they're making a ton of money from rake and they'll do nothing to jeopardize their business for less than 1/2 a day's worth of rake. Their client wouldn't even be capable of doing most of these things.

The biggest threats to online poker are collusion and bots, and I'm glad that Party takes aggressive steps to stamp them out. Publishing little known information about how to cirucmvent it is just plain dumb IMO.